Options

IPV6 is driving me crazy

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
Is there a good or easy to understand doc. or book you can think o6.

my trouble is stateless I guess I'm having trouble putting it together. Most times I over think it. I bet I'm doing the same, I'm reading Chris Bryant's e-book.
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    This is how I understand the stateless IPv6:

The host who uses stateless auto-configuration does it like this:
    e.g. When the host first connected to the network and does not have an ipv6 address, it first create an Link Local address, like something like this FE80::200:45FF:FE85:222B.
    Then after that, it will then send an RS using NDP, and the source address will be the its Link Local.
    Once the router get the RS, it will then send right away a RA reply with the network prefix and default gateway information.
    Once the host get the RA, the host will use the prefix it gets from the router, and add its MAC address with FFFE in the middle of the MAC address.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Understanding IPv6, Second Edition, no question. It's the best book out there on IPv6 as it is today.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.