Options

Has anyone taken one of the new 76-210 tests

Blueice087Blueice087 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken one of the new microsoft tests yet.. i am taking it on the 28th.. just wondering what it was like.. i heard its a totally new format. and more questions and a longer sit time.

Comments

• Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    i am taking it on the 27th
  • Options
    dan_9141dan_9141 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test a few hours ago. And to my surprise I actually passed!

This was my First Microsoft test so I can't say it was harder than others.

It took me 1 1/2 hours to complete. I believe that there is a 4 hour time limit.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    which books did you study from and what practice tests did you use
    and how is it to compare with comptia
  • Options
    forgot to ask

how was the test structure layed out
  • Options
    dan_9141dan_9141 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The test is in the same format as most practice exams. (except no **** options, maybe that could be added to the exams. :D )

For the practice exams I used this site quite a bit, including the links. and Exam Sim that was included in the book that I used to study from. Which was the Win 2000 study guide from Syngress (Osborne).

It's definatly more difficult than the comptia, but I took the time to read through the questions a few times before I answered the questions. Plus I now have a bald spot where I was scratching my head.
  • Options
    were there any simulation questions
    and what were you scoring on the practice tests
    thanks
  • Options
    spacemancwspacemancw Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I heard the time limit was 4 hours ... and I also heard that there were more questions. How many questions? I am signed up for the 76-215 on May 27th ..

thanx
    Yahoo Instant Messanger : spacemancw
  • Options
    EnforcerEnforcer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    basically the 76 exam is the same as the 70 exam 50 questions. however there are either side of these 11 or 12 other questions, each with their own timer. the questions are similar to the normal ones (sometimes exactly the same), although some have questions which need you to place words in a particular place.

the extra questions (in my opinion) don't count to whether you pass or fail.

NB I Passed.
    Mission statement : To change and deviate from the subject at the earliest opportunity.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Enforcer wrote:
    NB I Passed.

Congrats!
  • Options
    EnforcerEnforcer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Enforcer wrote:
    NB I Passed.

Congrats!

cheers
    Mission statement : To change and deviate from the subject at the earliest opportunity.