Options

Do you have an online resume I could look at?

tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello. I have been laid off from my last fulltime IT positon since 11/03. icon_eek.gif I can't find a job in IT and I am desperate. I've got my degree and certs and 3 years exp. Still I can't generate interest except for occaisional part time gigs. I was wondering if it is my resume or is it the economy and my expereince level. I am about ready to give up on IT and go back to my old career working in a factory. icon_sad.gif Any suggestions? Do you have an online sample resume for a systems admin or Level III Tech? Would you mind posting a link to it. Also, how do I list all the contract companies and jobs I have done over the last 14 months on a resume? Would any of you volunteer to critic my resume? Thanks in advance.... icon_arrow.gif
Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Can you upload it somewhere and post a link?
  • Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you seen this section of the mcmcse.com website?
  • Options
    I looked at it and my is almost exactly like that and I hadn't seen it. But those resumes you see online are ALWAYS 3-4 years duration. My case like many I'm sure is:
    2004 I worked projects that lasted a day or several differnt projects of very short term part time. I worked for kforce, tek systems, ETA, tac worldwide and manpower. The longest one was one and a half months. How do you list those? I only worked once for two of those companies.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    You could summarize what you did for the multiple contracts, skills learned, etc...ie System deployment, data migration, user support... if you can drop the names of the hardware you've used (Dell, HP...) it would be a plus also.

Everyone in IT knows that is what most of us go through before landing a permanent role.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    Here is a sample from a low level tech support position. I kept it to one page with a cover letter. Not room for much but thats what I read how to do it. It is taylored for that job.

EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVE: Client Services Assistant

SKILLS
    ·Windows 2000/XP Professional and 2000/NT and Exchange Server
    ·Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer configuration and user support
    ·Expert hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting
    ·Complex computer, network and printer problem resolution
    ·Ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical people via telephone and email
    ·Administration and support of Web based information system

EDUCATION
    A.A.S. Computer Information Systems - Parkland College Champaign IL, December 2002

CERTIFICATIONS
    ·CompTIA Network+ Plus Certified Professional
    ·MCP Windows 2000 Professional
    ·MCP Windows 2000 Server

EXPERIENCE
    Level III PC and Network Technician (Part-Time Contractor)
    TEK Systems, Inc. – Bloomington, IL
    February 24, 2004 – Present
    ·Installation configuration and troubleshooting of hardware, software, networked printers and network infrastructure.

McNeal Professional Services – Kennesaw, GA.
    November 1, 2004 – December 18 2004
    ·Systems Administrator at Motorola Inc. headquarters in Deer Park Illinois

Technology Consultant
    Rolling Prairie Library System – Decatur, IL
    January 7, 2002 – November 3, 2003
    ·Facilitated IT operations through daily management of the LAN by ensuring server and workstation reliability, email delivery, TCP/IP connectivity and web site availability
    ·Primary support contact for local, remote and mobile users through help desk type functions via telephone, email, site visits and workshops
    ·Supported the Data Research Associates Internet based library information system
    ·Top level IT customer service consultant to 143 library sites

PC Technician Intern
    Archer Daniels Midland Co. – Decatur, IL
    August 2000 – December 2000
    ·Worked 32 hours a week building custom made computers, installing software and assisting users with technical questions. Assisted in the migration to Windows 2000, bu8ilt disk images and configured laptops for mobile users.

Student
    Parkland College - Champaign, IL.
    January 1999 – December 2002
  • Options
    shadeedshadeed Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello. I have been laid off from my last fulltime IT positon since 11/03. icon_eek.gif I can't find a job in IT and I am desperate. I've got my degree and certs and 3 years exp. Still I can't generate interest except for occaisional part time gigs. I was wondering if it is my resume or is it the economy and my expereince level. I am about ready to give up on IT and go back to my old career working in a factory. icon_sad.gif Any suggestions? Do you have an online sample resume for a systems admin or Level III Tech? Would you mind posting a link to it. Also, how do I list all the contract companies and jobs I have done over the last 14 months on a resume? Would any of you volunteer to critic my resume? Thanks in advance.... icon_arrow.gif

You could do the next best thing and send your resume to me, I run my own resume company in addition to my daily IT duties. I'll be happy to review your current resume for no charge, but if you want me to do any updating then I'll inform you of my rates and fees.
    then I'll tell you my prices
    Taking over the IT world...one cert at a time.