Options

CCNA study guide by todd Lammle

StarsterStarster Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys, i bought the Todd Lammle study guide to prepare for my CCNA test. This book is designed for reader who plan to pass CCNA in one test. (640-802). However, i want to take it slowly and pass the 822 test first. For the 640-822 test, what chapter(s) will be covered for the 822 test? The table of contents did not seperate it so i am asking the forum. thanks all in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505

Look up what is covered for each exam in the exam blueprints.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Probably chapters 1-6, and then parts of chapters 7, 8, and 9 for ICND1.

Then parts of chapters 4 & 5 & 6 and all of chapters 7, 8, 9 -- and the rest of the book for ICND2. And you still need your subnetting skills from chapter 3.

Verify for sure with the topics in the exam blueprints.

Todd's book is a fun read -- and chapter 3 is GREAT for subnetting, but you should also add Wendell Odom's Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library to your reading list. That makes it easier for the 2 exam option since Odom's books are broken down into ICND1 and ICND2 books.

Mix 'n match and read 'n repeat as needed -- and throw in a bunch of lab work -- until you feel ready for the exam (per the exam blueprints) or get sick of studying and are willing to pay for a peek at the real exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    StarsterStarster Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TierSten: Great source!!Thanks!!

MikeJ412: thanks for the breakdown,Mike.Very detail and helpful. it seems like you got a lot of cisco license. how long does it take for you to obtain them if you don't mind me asking. :)
  • Options
    jaykoolzboyjaykoolzboy Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Starster wrote: »
    TierSten: Great source!!Thanks!!

MikeJ412: thanks for the breakdown,Mike.Very detail and helpful. it seems like you got a lot of cisco license. how long does it take for you to obtain them if you don't mind me asking. :)

You can get those certification in less than 5 years if that's all you care (paper certification) , if you want to truly master it, it takes more than 10 years of experience to master them all.
  • Options
    nupe287nupe287 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Todd also has a book that is for the CCENT(ICND1) test.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nupe287 wrote: »
    Todd also has a book that is for the CCENT(ICND1) test.

yeah but from what i remember there isn't a separate book for ICND2 so you may as well buy the one that covers both.
    WIP: IPS exam