Options

baud news

VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
So I had to fix a cat 2960 that had a jacked up IOS on it. It would only boot to the system prompt...long story short I had to load the IOS threw my console cable so I increased my Baud rate to 115000 and loaded it back on , then I used the "set BAUD 9600" and reset the switch it loaded up fine until about half way the boot where it reverted back to 115000. The switch is working fine, but its weird it stays on 9600 until half way threw boot then jumps to 11500. any ideas?
.ιlι..ιlι.
CISCO
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ooh; one of my switches has been doing this too, so I'll have to keep an eye on this thread

(and your facepalm avatar fits the thread title. bwahaha)
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Solved...
    console back in under 11500 and go into config mode then line console 0 and use the txspeed 9600 command then console back in under 9600 ...boom!icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, that works (which is what I do); until you reload (without copy run start'ing), or regularly erase your startup-config to reset things; then it goes back to 115200.

That or I'm misunderstanding how you fixed it.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno