Options

Fail CCNA

notun1notun1 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I failed CCNA composite exam today..I answered 38 out of 50 questions(score 694). Didn't get time.I just realize time management is the main key to pass.But the exam seems not so hard. it's just time..I took 20 min in a simlet. The Lab came last at 38 question number. so whats now...??
I feel so bad now..icon_cry.gif
===============
Currently working on 642-902 ROUTE

CCNP_ROUTE_642-902_Official_Certification_Guide(80%)
GNS3 LAB: (50%)
CBT_Nuggets: (80%)
Routing TCPIP, Volume I and II (0%)
642-902_Foundation_Learning_Guide (0%)

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry to hear it. The exam end report should show you what you were weak win. Take a short breather, crank out some practice labs and reading and then re-take it; I'm sure you'll gain a victory on your next attempt.
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    notun1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I failed CCNA composite exam today..I answered 38 out of 50 questions(score 694). Didn't get time.I just realize time management is the main key to pass.But the exam seems not so hard. it's just time..I took 20 min in a simlet. The Lab came last at 38 question number. so whats now...??

694 is a pretty good score considering you didn't answer 12 of the questions, sounds like you just need to speed up. I would consider doing ICND1 and 2 instead of the composite.
  • Options
    jaykoolzboyjaykoolzboy Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IMO you did OK, just need to focus on your time management, sometimes you need to make a decision if you have to skip the sim or not to buy yourself more time on MC questions, missing 1 sim is better than missing 6 MC question IMO. I am pretty sure you are going to nail the beast down next time.

1. Master sub-netting
    2. Master all the theory of dynamic protocol
    3. Master Vlan and STP theory

I think if u can do those, you should be fine.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well stop.

The longer you worry about it the longer it will be until you can have your revenge.

Focus your energy initially on studying your weak areas, but make sure you review the rest of the exam topics too. Luck of the draw on questions from the exam pool may change how the next exam feels and which parts get the harder questions -- so you want to keep your existing proven skills at least at their current level while you raise up your skills in your weak area.

The only exams that matter are the ones you pass - but the money you save by studying enough to avoid having to pay again to retake the exam can be applied to your exam pass celebration drinks fund (or your HDTV fund or new Laptop fund or your next exam fund, etc).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks all for yours suggestions and supports..I am going to take ICND1 next week..But I really feel there is nothing so much in ICND1 as I have both preparation....but who knows??

Thanks again for your support and cooperation.
    ===============

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    dude dont sweat it you came pretty close considering.

I would hit the book again and go resit it, I wouldnt bother with ICND1 your close so why put yourself through 2 exams when 1 will do it for you.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    dude dont sweat it you came pretty close considering.

I would hit the book again and go resit it, I wouldnt bother with ICND1 your close so why put yourself through 2 exams when 1 will do it for you.

I agree with you..Ok..lets do it.Otherwise I wouldn't have any fun...But I want to get myself fully prepared this time..no excuse anymore...I am going to look for my weak point according to test score and sitting with it tightly...Apart from studying and Lab, I think I need to concentrate on practice exam this time..Hope for the best
    ===============

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with you..Ok..lets do it.Otherwise I wouldn't have any fun...But I want to get myself fully prepared this time..no excuse anymore...I am going to look for my weak point according to test score and sitting with it tightly...Apart from studying and Lab, I think I need to concentrate on practice exam this time..Hope for the best

That's the spirit... as everyone else has stated... study your weaker areas and don't forget to polish up your comfortable areas!! You'll be fine. As I say anytime someone is bummed about a fail... you're not the first and you will not be the last! We've all failed an exam (myself included) or two. Don't let it get you down!! Good luck on your resit... if you have any areas you feel weak in or need an explanation, post it to these forums. We'll all be happy to assist you! Take care and again good luck with your icon_study.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    asfilaasfila Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mate don't feel bad about failing the exam, I am sure you will pass next time!

I felt very bad too because my 1st attempt fail score is 821/825 three weeks ago. icon_sad.gif

Next week I am going to resit CCNA exam again but I am much better prepared now. I was let down by time management too cuz I was rushing the last couple of questions due to running out of time. I reliase that I have not done enough labs and that where all my time wasted on sim questions.
  • Options
    asfila wrote: »
    Mate don't feel bad about failing the exam, I am sure you will pass next time!

I felt very bad too because my 1st attempt fail score is 821/825 three weeks ago. icon_sad.gif

Next week I am going to resit CCNA exam again but I am much better prepared now. I was let down by time management too cuz I was rushing the last couple of questions due to running out of time. I reliase that I have not done enough labs and that where all my time wasted on sim questions.

It was so close I can ever think..I think Cisco should consider such marking..Wish you all the best for this time ..

We should know about the marking system??...Their system are not so clear..Even at the start of Exam it was saying some question have no marking? is it?? But it is sure LAB is important for good marking.
    ===============