Options

CCNA Recertification Certificates

aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I recertified my CCNA back on the 7th Oct and was wondering if Cisco still send out the certifications and wallet cards?

When I look through my certification history I can see an entry aprox 2 weeks after I first passed in 2007 saying:

13-Nov-2007 Fulfillment 3374028 CCNA-Kit: Processed

However since re-certifying I've not seen anything similar to the above (the last entry is):

08-Oct-2010 Status Events Recertified in CCNA

Should I raise this with Cisco or do they no longer to it for re-certs?

S.
Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S

Comments

• Options
    aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I've raised a ticket with Cert Support but as yet haven't had a response.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The only time I got "updated" certificates was when Cisco was changing their provider (and software) to run their Certification Tracking System web site. The 5 copies of the CCIP Certificate (with the latest recertification date) makes me think it was more of a glitch in the provider switch. I never got updated certificates before or after that web site change fiasco.

I think the guys running the site now finally got all the functionality of the old site back in after almost a year -- so you should have an option somewhere to buy an updated copy of your Certificates.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    aquilla wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I've raised a ticket with Cert Support but as yet haven't had a response.

I just recertifed after passing it in 2003 and letting it lapse. I just got my cert and wallet cards in the mail a few weeks ago. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get a paper cert...
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What happen if you decide to recertify after the expiration date? Do you have to start all over or you can continue to recertify at the certification level where you last completed?

CCENT -> CCNA -> CCNA Security -> CCNP -> expired -> back to CCENT

or

CCENT -> CCNA -> CCNA Security -> CCNP -> expired -> back to CCNP
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What happen if you decide to recertify after the expiration date? Do you have to start all over or you can continue to recertify at the certification level where you last completed?

CCENT -> CCNA -> CCNA Security -> CCNP -> expired -> back to CCENT

or

CCENT -> CCNA -> CCNA Security -> CCNP -> expired -> back to CCNP

If it expired, then it's as if you never had it. And you don't have to get the CCENT on the way to the CCNA.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just recertifed after passing it in 2003 and letting it lapse. I just got my cert and wallet cards in the mail a few weeks ago. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get a paper cert...

Because you got it as a new certification since you actually let them expire. They have not let them expire, so it is a bit different since they have always held the certification.

My guess is that if you are simply certifying the certification before the certification expires you will not get a new paper cert or wallet card without paying for a new one.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chmorin wrote: »
    if you are simply certifying the certification before the certification expires

My brain hurts just reading that.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    They only send cert kits when you first gain a cert. It'd be kind of retarded to have new certs show up every time you pass an exam. I'd have 9 CCNA certificates if they did that (5 from CCNP, one from CCDP, and 3 more from CCIP)