Options

Hi guys

RapegearRapegear Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm scheduled to take the CCNA certification exam. Pearson vue requires 2 types of pitcure id and one must be government issued. I'm an exchange student and I overstayed my Visa for this semester only. What do I do? Am I screwed? Thanks in advanced guys.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Cisco Web Site says they require a government id..... Do you attend a State School or a Private School? Your state school ID could be considered by some to be a government ID.

Government ID would usually be a Passport, Driver's License, State/Country Identification Card, Alien Registration Card, Green Card, or Permanent Resident's Visa.

What kind of picture IDs do you have?

If you have your Passport or your Valid Driver's License (from your country or this country) and a Student ID (or a credit card or debit card with your signature for your 2nd ID) you may be good to go. It's probably best to call (or stop by) your local Pearson Vue exam center and confirm what they will accept (without mentioning the Visa issue).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I think as long as you have 2 id's your ok. I doubt they will do anything about the visa issue, they are not the border patrol, they just need the i.d. to confirm it is you and not someone else taking your test. But they do check for two i.d.'s from my experience.
  • Options
    PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    most test centers just visually look at the ID, maybe 2 seconds tops.... I think you will be fine .
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The prometric I go to actually fills in the form and checks expiration dates. As long as you have a non expired picture ID and a nonexpired other form ID you should be fine.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.