Commercial/Enterprise Option

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi,
For a new track of CCNP Voice (CCVP), they still a commercial option and an enterprise option are available; I mean if I do CVoice Exam I already take (CCNA Voice), because I did not see this announced one CISCO site for CCNP Voice track.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    auos wrote: »
    Hi,
    For a new track of CCNP Voice (CCVP), they still a commercial option and an enterprise option are available; I mean if I do CVoice Exam I already take (CCNA Voice), because I did not see this announced one CISCO site for CCNP Voice track.

When the change is over mid next year, you MUST take the ICOMM to get your CCNA:Voice and to fulfil the prerequisite for CCNP: Voice.

What you do before then to get your CCNA: Voice is up to you. As of right now IIUC and CVOICE v6 both give you CCNA: Voice. The new CVOICE exam will not.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What a mess they created! And it all started with the CVOICE = CCNA:Voice crap!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    pitviper wrote: »
    What a mess they created! And it all started with the CVOICE = CCNA:Voice crap!

Yeah this is a total bomb. They had better change something.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ auos

AFIK, currently you can still complete either CVOICEv6 (ent) or IIUC (comm) to get your CCNA:V. However, come March, there is just one path to follow.

@ chmorin & pitviper

I can't really see them changing it, they changed it last time with CVOICE = CCNA:V, and look at the mess/confusion that caused.

The new track does makes more sense, but in saying that, with the mandatory pre-requisites;

CCNP = 3 exams
    CCNP:S = 5 exams
    CCNP:V = 6 exams

6 exams really suck! It's possible less people will opt for voice in the future.
    azaghul wrote: »
    @ auos

AFIK, currently you can still complete either CVOICEv6 (ent) or IIUC (comm) to get your CCNA:V. However, come March, there is just one path to follow.

@ chmorin & pitviper

I can't really see them changing it, they changed it last time with CVOICE = CCNA:V, and look at the mess/confusion that caused.

The new track does makes more sense, but in saying that, with the mandatory pre-requisites;

CCNP = 3 exams
    CCNP:S = 5 exams
    CCNP:V = 6 exams

6 exams really suck! It's possible less people will opt for voice in the future.

For sure. Also it actually makes for more confusion.

In the associate level, the CCNA is a prereq for the CCNA Specializations (CCNA: Voice)

In the professional level, this is not the case. CCNP is not a repreq for the CCNP specializations (CCNP: Voice).

I actually DON'T want CCNP to be a prereq for the CCNP: Voice track, so I would rather them be individual professional exams like they were since the content in these exams are SO DIFFERENT from the other exams.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: