Options

New A+ exam - When?

Nigel-JamesNigel-James Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been studying the 7th edition of Mike Myers A+.

Will there be a new exam soon?

How long do I have before a new book is launched with new material.

I just want to know how long I have to take the A+ exam before the material is changed and I need to re-study.

Many thanks

Nigel James
Eat or be eaten.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    How about a few questions for you? :)

How much experience do you have?
    How much time do you need to invest with the current objectives to be ready to take your exams?
    How much time per day can you set aside specific for preparation?

IIRC, Meyers recommends that an experienced techician needs about 40 hours to prepare for the A+ exams. Where are you on his recommend study scale?

To my knowledge CompTIA has not released anything new, but if they do, you will find it listed below
    CompTIA A+
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I have 3 years experience.

I would say I need 2 months worth of study time to cover all the objectives and to be ready for the exam.

I can set aside around 3 hours of study time a day.
    Eat or be eaten.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took the 2006 version and I spent about 2 weeks before each part. Of course I did have prior experience with most of the stuff, but it looks like you do too. 3 hours a day for 2 months is way overkill.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Thanks.

Ok I am going to try and book the test for mid December.

I want to try and pass before the life-time cert agreement ends.
    Eat or be eaten.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    IIRC, Meyers recommends that an experienced techician needs about 40 hours to prepare for the A+ exams. Where are you on his recommend study scale?

I'm an unexperienced technician and studied less than 10 hours for each part. Most of that time was spent studing stuff that wasn't on the test.

But I did go to community college for networking technologies and I do build my own personal computers.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    I booked the 220-701 & 702 today!

They are booked for late December.

Nervous & excited! Time to study hard.
    Eat or be eaten.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm going to agree with the overkill comment. With your level of experience it shouldn't take you that long at all. I know everyone studies and absorbs info differently however. Good luck to you! Taking the 702 today myself, passed the 701 yesterday.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.