ipv6?

ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
Recently I installed dd-wrt on a Linksys/Cisco WRT54GS2 only to find that it couldn't handle ipv6 because the firmware I needed can only run on minimum of 4mb of flash icon_sad.gif My device has 2mb flash....

So I'm thinking about using one of my Cisco 1721 routers with a WIC-1ADSL for my home internet connection. Is this a dumb idea? I just want to play around with ipv6 and thought it'd be cool to have a 6to4 tunnel set up. Connect to ipv6.google.com for the first time.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated!
Climb a mountain, tell no one.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Your internet connection is only ADSL1? The WIC-1ADSL only supports ADSL 1 speeds so if you've got anything faster then it won't work. The 1721 isn't particularly speedy either.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Glad I asked, good point there. icon_redface.gif Ok guess I'll scrap that idea, thanks.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If your existing ADSL router/modem supports it then you can put it into "bridged" mode and then deliver your connection as PPPoE to another router. You'll have to deal with a reduced MTU because of the overhead though unless your hardware can do jumbo or baby jumbo frames.

My current connection works like this as it is delivered over VDSL2 on the telephone lines and the supplier provided modem just gives me a PPPoE interface where I've got my own router connected.