CCENT Revision

Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does the CCENT Study Guide by Todd Lammle (Exam 640-822) cover everything you need for the CCENT exam?

Its also called SYBEX as well if that helps and Serious Skills

Is it at all out of date?

Also what is the full name and edition of the Odom's Study guide?

Thanks

Adam

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You don't mention the edition or anything. Check that it is the most recent edition of the book.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Even though Lammle's book is good I beleive it is not enough to pass or at least to grasp deeply CCENT.

Odom's study guide is the best compared to all others, also using couble of study sources is preferred to understand well and to be certified at next.
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    640-822 is the current exam so it shouldn't be out of date.

I have skimmed most of the book and it seems like a pretty good resource. I haven't taken the test yet but I don't think I would rely on just that text. No matter what exam I was studying I would always use ore than one resource.

One thing that comes to mind is that Lammle does a better job of covering SDM while some of the other resources do a better job of covering DHCP from the CLI. Both things are listed in the exam topics for the CCENT.