Options

CCNA Scrap Paper

MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just curious, I do subnetting a lot faster when I can write it down - will I have access to scrap paper for the CCNA?
"We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
Blog -- Keeping It Classless

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Most of the time I've gotten one or two dry erase marker sheets and a dry erase marker.

Only one of my old Prometric test centers that closed down gave me a gauze pad to use as an eraser.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Same here all dry erase boards/markers. Never got an eraser - sometimes there is a completely useless one built into the cap of the marker. Nothing beats doing binary math with a large blunt marker! :)

My last test I actually ended up with a dry erase board and a permanent Sharpie!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    What Mike and pitviper said.

If you do get paper then you won't be able to take it with you afterwards. Not sure why but people seem to always ask that question. The test center should stop you leaving with it just in case you're trying to write down questions to make ****.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The testing center I go to here gives you 1-2 pieces of dry/erase paper with a marker. Before you get your test results handed to you, you have to turn in the marker and papers.
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I've done exams in three different places and only the first back in 2001 gave me paper that they collected after the test. The other two I got the standard dry erase sheets.
  • Options
    MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aw, that's awesome! I fully expected a scrap paper, but dry erase is cooler.

Obviously it will depend on the test center, so I'll make a "T-Minus 2 Days" visit while I'm up in that area tomorrow and ask 'em while I'm there.

I guess it makes sense to phase out paper in that regard, so dumpers can't just leave with their test answers. icon_wink.gif
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless