Options

Any Virginians know which university houses the best IT program?

tom_dubtom_dub Member Posts: 59 ■■■■□□□□□□
I will most likely be transferring to a university within a year and was wondering if any fellow Virginians on this site could recommend a college with a great IT program? I don't plan on leaving the state so what I'm really looking for is a program that is well recognized by employers and has great internship opportunities. I'm a fan of Virginia Tech's Business Information Technology program Decision Support Systems | Business Information Technology | Pamplin College of Business | Virginia Tech.

"The Decision Support Systems (DSS) option is the largest of our two BIT options with approximately 70 percent of our majors. It focuses on teaching our majors how to develop computer systems that will help businesses and managers solve problems; e.g., systems development. As such, it is very applications oriented; i.e., the application of information and computer technology to solving practical business problems. Computer systems developed to solve such business problems often require the use of mathematical models. It is a very computer-intensive degree program that includes information technology tools such as networks and telecommunications, computer simulation, computer programming, database management, security, information systems, client/server applications, visual interface design, object-oriented systems, and Internet and e-business systems. "

Still keeping my options open for any programs that are what I'm looking for.

Thanks