hey guys

can any of you tell me an easy way to mass backup all my con figs
on all my network cisco devices automatically/periodically and
is there a way to mass copy the con figs on my ASA5510 with its three
different context's?icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    This doesn't work with the ASA's but in my office, we back up all our IOS configs to a TFTP server. You can configure the switch and router to back up to a TFTP server everyday using a kron job.

Schedule commands with Cisco IOS' kron
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    If you work for a company, have them spring for CiscoWorks. CW does a great job of backing up everything we have in house except for our ACE modules. Handles ASA contexts, no issues.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wow thanks men appreciate your widom ;) you dudes rockicon_study.gif
  • Options
    JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    mikearama wrote: »
    CW does a great job of backing up everything we have in house except for our ACE modules.

You guys using the new ANM 4.1? Has a really nice feature for automated daily/weekly/monthly backups. Plus a few other cool changes.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    JSK wrote: »
    You guys using the new ANM 4.1? Has a really nice feature for automated daily/weekly/monthly backups. Plus a few other cool changes.

Still running 3.2... which, as you know, has backup features (I use checkpoints a lot), but as a manual process. Didn't even know 4.1 was available. I have it downloading now.

Thanks for the pointer.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kiwi Cattools does a great job as well (Windows)

I like that you don't have to allow inbound tftp to get the configs, but Kiwi logs on to the switch and does a "show run" and saves it for comparison to later versions.

edit: Also includes syslog server/snmp trap logging, tftp server.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah going to try KRON as well been doing some reading
    and might try that Job Schedular that you can setup on cisco devices and I will try kiwi. cool beans men!icon_study.gif