Options

Contextual Help in CCNA 640-802

MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
All,

Just out of curiosity - I'm pretty solid with most of the configurations I'm going to have to perform in the exam, but if I'm unclear on certain syntaxes - Frame Relay Multipoint (gross) versus Point-To-Point, for instance, will I have contextual help available, with the "?", and/or will it cost me points?

The differences between the two ways to configure Frame Relay as well as some other topics can get mixy and I wouldn't mind having the assist. Not like I could pass the test if I didn't know what I was doing anyways, so it's not like I'd be pushing it the whole time icon_lol.gif
"We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
Blog -- Keeping It Classless

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I can't speak specifically to that exam, but I've done a wide variety of Cisco exams, and the sims have always had ? available
  • Options
    I figured it would at least be available, since I've heard the labs are pretty realistic, but wasn't sure if the use of such an item would count against me. In my googling of the subject, I saw someone speculating that Cisco might count using contextual help against the test-taker.
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    There's never been anything to substantiate that. I'm relatively certain that the sims are scored by just comparing the configuration at the time you end the sim against a predefined template of what the answer should be. Unfortunately, I can't explain that further, as it would break the NDA
  • Options
    No I understand I wouldn't want you to reveal anything like that, I'm just trying to gauge whether they're emphasizing more syntax memorization, or conceptual knowledge. Sounds like they lean towards the latter, which I'm happy to hear.