Options

Microsoft Certification Track

Nort_MendozaNort_Mendoza Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys I am also planning to take a Microsoft Track after i am done with my CCNA this coming year. Can anyone advise me what should I take first?I am planning to take MCTS: On Windows 7, but I do not know what to take next. I know I am looking ahead but for me it is better to have a plan and goal coz' in that way I can set focus on my goal.
Or is it better to take Cisco cert or Comptia cert after CCNA?if so what should my next step be? Thanks in advance to all of you. God bless.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Windows 7 (70-680) would be a great place to start out getting into the Microsoft stuff. I would say it depends on your experience level and what you want to do with MS certs in the future. If you are looking to supplement your CCNA with some MS certs I would go after the MCSA. But if you are trying to go into the MS world then go after an MCITP:EA or MCSE. It is hard to give you advice not knowing what kind of direction you want to go into. If you are going to try and get a job working with Cisco then continue your current track and go after something CompTIA (i.e. Sec+) or add another Cisco cert to your arsenal. MS will help you to get your foot in the door if you don't have any experience but it won't do much for you if you want a purely Cisco job.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Xenodamus gave some good advice,,as always.
    We would need to know your experience level and what you want to do in the furture to advise you on what certs to get.
    That being said, an OS cert is always a good thing to have. Even if you just go strictly a netwoirk path it is still a good idea to get some system knowledge. If you're not sure what you want to get into and haven't worked in IT yet getting your A+ next would probably be a good idea as that is listed on most lower level IT job postings as a requirement.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys. Definitely I would be pursuing my I.T. Networking Career, but like what you said, having MS Cert is also an advantage.Having cert for me is a big deal because most companies require I.T. Certs. Any suggestions on my track?
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It seems these days every one is asking for both MS&Cisco certifications. I'm looking for a job in Gulf area and almost every one is asking for at least a CCNA along with MS cert so I really need to renew mine.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think that having a little Cisco helps you more as far as sys admin and such more than MS helps a networking guy. The CCNA shows you have quite extensive networking knowledge which is important to have as a sysadmin. As to the OP I wouldn't worry about going too deep into MS. After getting the Windows 7 cert you may want to get the MCSA or even the MCITP:SA just to show you have some
    MS chops.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys. Now may I ask where can I get exam vouchers for MS?I am here in the Philippines. Thanks. God bless us all.