Options

Passed the Security+ Exam

PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Just wanted to say that I passed the Security+ exam this morning. I also want to give a big thank-you to everyone on the forums here, so, thanks!!!

Couldn't have done it without the info from all of you on these forums and Darril's book (which I used as my only study resource).

Not sure what I am going to study for now. I am going to take a month off starting December for a trip to India, and after, will re-evaluate things.

Thanks again everyone!

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pander wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just wanted to say that I passed the Security+ exam this morning. I also want to give a big thank-you to everyone on the forums here, so, thanks!!!

Couldn't have done it without the info from all of you on these forums and Darril's book (which I used as my only study resource).

Not sure what I am going to study for now. I am going to take a month off starting December for a trip to India, and after, will re-evaluate things.

Thanks again everyone!

Congrats!!

Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I should just schedule my exam already..............
  • Options
    PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    burner27 wrote: »
    Congrats!!

Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I should just schedule my exam already..............

If you have read Darril's book, and done all the chapter questions and practice exams then you should be fine burner!
    A lot of it is mental too. You just have to feel "ready" in order to be successful (at least I do) so, you will know when it's time!

Thanks earweed!
  • Options
    burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pander wrote: »
    If you have read Darril's book, and done all the chapter questions and practice exams then you should be fine burner!
    A lot of it is mental too. You just have to feel "ready" in order to be successful (at least I do) so, you will know when it's time!

Thanks earweed!

I think I have been taking too many practice exams. Some I do well on and some not so well. I always pass them though. Some with flying colors---others, not so much.

I have read Darril's book many times, gone over the sections I was weak on (Cryptology mostly), did the practice questions at the end of the chapters, and have done the final exam at the end.

I think what is getting me is that some of the practice exams I have been taking are worded so poorly and there are mistakes in them. Those seem to be the ones I do poorly on.

Ugh. You're right. It's probably mental.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass