Options

Scheduled 70-662 & 70-663 for Nov 15th, 2010

2»

Comments

• Options
    peakbagger66peakbagger66 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am considering exploring this in my studies. In the help link mentioned above they also indicate that you can use a self-signed cert. I didn't read it thoroughly, so maybe I missed something. Is there any reason the self signed would not work?

Ohhhh...Now that I've actually studied the topic I now realize you NEED the X.509 cert to get to the cloud service. heh.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ohhhh...Now that I've actually studied the topic I now realize you NEED the X.509 cert to get to the cloud service. heh.

Indeed .. Glad "I" didn't buy certs just for study purposes .. Now my company has decided to go with "Open Exchange" - so the chances in me actually working with that in my current Job : NIL .. (was only 0.0001% to begin with :p)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    I took my 5th and final attempt at this exam today and finally passed with an 860. There were some very specific questions that I had some a-ha moments on specifically dealing with the Client Access array, public folders and recipient policies.

I'm taking the 70-663 this Friday (only failed that once) and if I pass I'll finally be MCITP: EMA 2K10. Really looking forward to getting back to Cisco. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats on the 662 pass and good luck on 663.

I am studying for these 2 now and hope to take them within the next month or two.

Let us know how 663 goes. icon_cool.gif
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    genXrcist wrote: »
    I took my 5th and final attempt at this exam today and finally passed with an 860. There were some very specific questions that I had some a-ha moments on specifically dealing with the Client Access array, public folders and recipient policies.

I'm taking the 70-663 this Friday (only failed that once) and if I pass I'll finally be MCITP: EMA 2K10. Really looking forward to getting back to Cisco. :)

Persistence certainly pays off! Well done.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Fantastic job. Well done on the pass! And VERY well done on persevering on this until you nailed it icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Congratulations! I am glad that you stuck with it and didn't let this test win.
  • Options
    Everyone,

Thank you thank you for your encouragement, help and congratulations. Not many people in my social circles know what it's like to chase these things when family, work and other pressures are constantly pulling us away from our goals.

Here's to everyone here and thank you again!

Oh, and P.S. I took and passed the 70-663 yesterday with a 756! I got creamed on the installing Exchange due to all the cloud questions (never once did I read about that in my books) but I did well enough in the other areas that i squeaked by.

Finally MCITP: EMA and I can now move on to Cisco Voice and then CCNP! :)
  • Options
    GemirkhanGemirkhan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, our techs are struggling with the Microsoft Exchange 70-662 exam also. One of my techs took the test the 3 times and all 3 times he failed by one or 2 questions. It looks as Microsoft does not have an updated study course, and the test can have several correct answers, depending on how you approach the problem. We called Microsoft and their answer was, we don't control study material and we have the right to change the exams at anytime. Does anyone know a reliable updated study course that we can invest in that can help us pass this exam? So far we have tried Microsoft Press, Brain ****, measureup and now we are looking into measurup.com. We are spending money to get set of tools that can help us pass the exams and it has been very disappointing thus far. icon_cry.gif
    I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
  • Options
    Arthur KnightArthur Knight Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    genXrcist wrote: »

Glad to hear you finally passed, genX, I'm looking down the barrel of my 4th try at this test. I've been scoring in the low to mid 600s and I'm pretty confident in all of my answers but I just don't seem to know what I'm getting wrong and what I can do to improve. So far, it seems like all the questions are vague and the answers are even more vague. The last test I took a month and a half ago surprised me with the SP1 questions since there are a lot of changes from SP0 to SP1 and I was studying exclusively for the SP0 exam.

What did you find most helpful in terms of practice exams? So far I haven't found anything even close to the real exam questions.

Thanks for any advice. If I don't pass on my 4th and final try, my boss is going to make me take an easier exam.
  • Options
    Glad to hear you finally passed, genX, I'm looking down the barrel of my 4th try at this test. I've been scoring in the low to mid 600s and I'm pretty confident in all of my answers but I just don't seem to know what I'm getting wrong and what I can do to improve. So far, it seems like all the questions are vague and the answers are even more vague. The last test I took a month and a half ago surprised me with the SP1 questions since there are a lot of changes from SP0 to SP1 and I was studying exclusively for the SP0 exam.

What did you find most helpful in terms of practice exams? So far I haven't found anything even close to the real exam questions.

Thanks for any advice. If I don't pass on my 4th and final try, my boss is going to make me take an easier exam.

Hi Arthur,

The only practice exams I used were from the MS Press book (crap) and Transcender. In fact, I re-purchased the transcender 70-662 exam (download version) and started using them again and realized they were still geared towards RTM. So I contacted their support and asked them to confirm that it was set for SP1 and instead of responding either way they just refunded my money.

You could try Measureup.com or something but I've never used them.

In the end you need to really focus on the questions. I researched as many of the questions that I was unsure on afterwards and was able to find the info on Technet. Pay special attention to the wording for example, if the questions asks about Client Access Array's make sure there is something in their about how you're going to load balance the two.

In regards to Hard Delete's, make sure you know how to recover them and why it's possible to do so now.

As for Recipient Policies etc, understand what makes them different from Managed folders and know that the SP1 questions are going to be geared toward them. Understand what a Personal tag is and what an Archive policy is and how to set them up, both in EMC and EMS.

There is no master book for this exam but the one I feel that helped me the most was the Inside Out book by Tony Redmond.

Good luck and don't give up!
  • Options
    Can't believe Transcender still working with the RTM version. Told them months ago that the exams are now SP1 icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Training in general is not being updated as quickly as necessary, not just for Exchange. The CEHv7 isn't getting updated material except for EC-Council, which is actually subpar, and CCNP Security has taken months for new material. It's just the way it is.

If you want updated information for Exchange 2010 SP1, you need to check Google and search for "TechEd 2011 Exchange 2010". There are videos that discuss Exchange Online and SP1 features.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    Makes all sense, not with Transcender though. They always promise to update the software as soon as the exams are updated too. Even said via email, ago months ago, that they will update the software as soon as Microsoft changes the exam content but they didn't. To be fair thought, if the differences between SP1 and non SP makes you fail then you might not be properly prepared anyway ;)
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Gemirkhan wrote: »
    Hey guys, our techs are struggling with the Microsoft Exchange 70-662 exam also. One of my techs took the test the 3 times and all 3 times he failed by one or 2 questions. It looks as Microsoft does not have an updated study course, and the test can have several correct answers, depending on how you approach the problem. We called Microsoft and their answer was, we don't control study material and we have the right to change the exams at anytime. Does anyone know a reliable updated study course that we can invest in that can help us pass this exam? So far we have tried Microsoft Press, Brain ****, measureup and now we are looking into measurup.com. We are spending money to get set of tools that can help us pass the exams and it has been very disappointing thus far. icon_cry.gif
    I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

There are many prep tools out there but DO NOT use brain ****. That is not the way to go.

Here is a list of some I can think of and I am sure others will chime in -

MeasureUp
    Trancender
    Self Test

Videos -

Train Signal - These videos are excellent and I have both of them
    CBT Nuggets

Good luck in the quest.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON