Options

Sitting 70-642 on Tuesday

marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been studying for around 7 weeks, I've read the MS Press Training Book, completed the labs, watched the CBT Nuggets video's and more.

I've also been reading up on the R2 features, namely BranchCache and DirectAccess, I found a couple of books and video's on the topics.

I'm at a point where I don't feel I'm learning anything new and am hitting mid 80s on test exams.

That said I booked the exam with a second shot voucher. I'm feeling a little nervous on this one due to the R2 features and the talk of extra case studies relating to them.

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't worry, it seems you covered every thing possible. As for the case studies I did them in 70-646 they were not easy but I think If I knew about them I would do better. Now you know you might have them so I think you will be just fine.

Good luck for you, since you passed 70-640 I'm sure you will find 642 easier.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm sure you'll do OK, You sound like you've done the studying and have the knowledge. It's when you get to the point of anything you study "feeling" like reviewing stuff you already know that you're ready.
    Good Luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Good luck. It is not that bad. I actually did this before 640 and scored higher on it than 640. icon_lol.gif
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, I'll let you know how I do.
  • Options
    BlueEyedSamuraiBlueEyedSamurai Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just read each question and eliminate any answer that doesn't apply. You will then be left with one to two 'possible' answers. Then, choose wisely. :)

-Samurai
    Always studying for something!
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Good Luck!

icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    I just finished the exam and passed with a score of 769.

There were no R2 specific questions, which was a surprise as I expected some. That said all the questions did refer to Windows Server 2008 R2.

Now on to 70-643.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats man.
    Good luck on the 643, I'm pretty sure you'll have an easier time with it than I've had.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well done bud, very nice pass!!!

icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, and good luck for 70-643