Options

I'm going to give props to network +

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I work in a networking environment and this certification has really impressed me or at least Mike Meyers book. Sometimes it can get my head swimming with new concepts and knowledge, but it really pieces a lot of what is going together. I would hope by the end of the book and the exam I will have aquired enough knowledge to help bring me along with tne networking world. Right now I find myself learning in a team environment, but not really learning the whys and whats, just the hows.

So I just wanted to give props to this book and the certification. I really think it's a great foundational cert.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It certainly gives you a good foundation and also steers you into areas of networking where you might want/need a little extra research so that you can put that knowledge to work. I didn't buy the Mike Meyers Net+ book but did use the Books 24x7 version for studying as the book that WGU supplied was really lacking a lot.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    It certainly gives you a good foundation and also steers you into areas of networking where you might want/need a little extra research so that you can put that knowledge to work. I didn't buy the Mike Meyers Net+ book but did use the Books 24x7 version for studying as the book that WGU supplied was really lacking a lot.

Any additional material you recommend?