Options

My Study Style: Overload

Hello all. I am wanting you all to critique my study style in a way, for I cant tell if its a flaud style or good style. I know we all learn by various ways and methods, but here is how I learn.

My style is to pretty much overload, and by overload I mean read as many cert books I can get my hands on, and watch as many CBT series I can get my hands on, and then once I have read and watched everything I own I will then just start doing every single practice exam I can get my hands on.

My most recent exam was Sec+, and I read 3 books (Sybex Study guide-Derril's book-Exam Cram for Sec+) I also watched CBT Nuggets and Train Signal, and of course after all that I buckled down on practice exams.

My only flaw I see with my style is that I get sooo much info from soo many sources that I may get mixed opinions. This has been working for me, for I have not had any issues not passing an exam yet.

What do you guys think?

- Thanks in Adv
Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have that kind of dedication, keep going that way. If it's broke, don't fix it.

I'm jealous if you can pour so much attention into reading/studying.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Mishra wrote: »
    If you have that kind of dedication, keep going that way. If it's broke, don't fix it.

I'm jealous if you can pour so much attention into reading/studying.

Yea - I am no nerd bu no means, but when it comes to computer stuff I always enjoy getting overwhelmed lol
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i just took 701 & 702 and I read every single page of the Sybex book, first time I ever did that, normally I skim stuff, but I think it helped me a lot
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Has it been working for you? Good scores overall? If so, no need to change a thing. Everyone is different with how they study so whatever you find works for you is probably best.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.