Options

I have a CompTIA ID through Prometric. Vue has a different ID. How to combine?

Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took A+ and Network+ through Prometric, passed, and CompTIA assigned me a CompTIA ID.

I just bought a $190 Security+ voucher through GetCertify4Less which is a Vue only voucher. Within 2 minutes of buying the voucher, GetCertify4Less called me (a guy who couldn't speak English) saying they'd e-mail my voucher in about 10 minutes. E-mail received.

When I logged on to Vue, it showed a different CompTIA ID. I called Vue to ask to change it, and the lady (who couldn't speak English) said that nothing could be done since I had taken the exams through a different vendor. I then asked what would happen on the CompTIA side of things when Vue forwards my exam results using the ID they have on file. She didn't understand my question. I hung up in frustration.

Can CompTIA clear up this mess if I call them?

I've worked with databases before, and duplicates are quite the chore.
In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Cert Poor wrote: »
    I took A+ and Network+ through Prometric, passed, and CompTIA assigned me a CompTIA ID.

I just bought a $190 Security+ voucher through GetCertify4Less which is a Vue only voucher. Within 2 minutes of buying the voucher, GetCertify4Less called me (a guy who couldn't speak English) saying they'd e-mail my voucher in about 10 minutes. E-mail received.

When I logged on to Vue, it showed a different CompTIA ID. I called Vue to ask to change it, and the lady (who couldn't speak English) said that nothing could be done since I had taken the exams through a different vendor. I then asked what would happen on the CompTIA side of things when Vue forwards my exam results using the ID they have on file. She didn't understand my question. I hung up in frustration.

Can CompTIA clear up this mess if I call them?

I've worked with databases before, and duplicates are quite the chore.

I had this problem like 12 years ago and CompTIA had to combine them in the end. Vue should have had a box for an existing CompTIA ID, this is not the same as your Vue Id which is used to cordinate your test records for all vendors i.e. Cisco, IBM etc.
    I hope you and Vue are on the same page but it looks like you are not.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You are going to need to contact CompTIA to merge them, and then you will want to contact prometric or vue to make sure that they have the right id on file so that if you take another test with them they send the right thing over to CompTIA.

I went through the same thing with Microsoft, vue, and prometric. Major pain in the butt but everything is good now.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Update: Pearson Vue refused to change "their" CompTIA ID to the one created by Prometric. I called CompTIA and had the accounts merged (keeping the Prometric-created ID). I still tested with the Vue-created ID. I guessed I would have to merge the accounts again, but apparently CompTIA's database is smarter than that and automatically recoginized both CompTIA ID's as linked and assigned the Prometric-CompTIA ID to it.

Pearson Vue still lists the wrong CompTIA ID, but at least I know it's no big deal on the CompTIA side. :)
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS