Options

Has anyone got this!!!

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
A worthy upgrade for £150 me thinks

OCZ 50GB RevoDrive PCI-Express Solid State Hard Drive - Aria Technology

OCZ 50GB RevoDrive PCI-Express Solid State Hard Drive

Read Speed: 540MB/Sec, Write Speed: 450MB/Sec, Flash: MLC, Controller: 2x Sandforce - Internal RAID 0, 3 Years Warranty.

Looks like it can go into a smaller PCIE slot so no need for an SLI board

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    hummm i wonder if i can get that in the states, it looks like it would make a nice drive for an os install
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    That's what I was thinking, an OS would be awesome on one of these

I am totally blown over by the speed of SSD and this thing is double again, its 540 Mb/s read is because it has an inbuilt Raid0 "2 x 23Gig striped" to make 46Gig usable

Not yet made the leap to a SATA SSD and now I may not even get one, within 12 months this should be less than £100
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    I thinks Revo's are very cool but I have heard a lot of issues with many motherboards causing incompatibilities and are a PITA to get things installed/working properly.

I would just double check with OCZ to ensure your mobo is compatible and has been tested. Many have just done BIOS updates and have been lucky, but many others can't make the Revo the primary bootable device. Secondary storage is fine though, but who wants it for that? :)

You can definitely get it in the states, and places like newegg have it. I love SSD's have been running small SSD's as the boot drive for a while now. You can always just buy 2 sandforce SSD's and do Raid 0 if your board doesn't support PCI-e boot.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    I thinks Revo's are very cool but I have heard a lot of issues with many motherboards causing incompatibilities and are a PITA to get things installed/working properly.

I would just double check with OCZ to ensure your mobo is compatible and has been tested. Many have just done BIOS updates and have been lucky, but many others can't make the Revo the primary bootable device. Secondary storage is fine though, but who wants it for that? :)

You can definitely get it in the states, and places like newegg have it. I love SSD's have been running small SSD's as the boot drive for a while now. You can always just buy 2 sandforce SSD's and do Raid 0 if your board doesn't support PCI-e boot.

good to know ill keep my eye out i really only need like 20 gig for os install

i have yet to upgrade to ssd mostly cause im a student and a dad so there goes all my cash
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I wouldn't trust any OCZ SSD drives. Their track record is awful with their other SSD models. Buggy firmware that mysteriously corrupts your data. Firmware that doesn't actually get updated. Tech support that just tells you to reformat the drive and try again which also mainly consists of a forum where the signal to noise ratio is awful.

Everybody I know that has bought a OCZ SSD including myself has had issues with corruption or drive failure. It isn't just one model either. It has been wide variety of models so they've had different flash chips and different brands of flash controller. OCZ just makes or rebrands the stock design anyway.