Options

Call of Duty Black Ops out this week

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
Any of you guys COD players and will be grabbing this this week ?

Since I retired from studying, I have become an avid COD MW2 PC player under the tag "Phantom". For an old guy, I'm surprised my reflexes are still as good as they were in the Quake 2 days.

Who else plays and is going to be going Black OPs this week ?
Kam.

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Any of you guys COD players and will be grabbing this this week ?

Since I retired from studying, I have become an avid COD MW2 PC player under the tag "Phantom". For an old guy, I'm surprised my reflexes are still as good as they were in the Quake 2 days.

Who else plays and is going to be going Black OPs this week ?

Count me in! icon_thumright.gif

I ditched MW2 for BF:BC2 but Black Ops just looks so bad ass.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Count me in! icon_thumright.gif

I ditched MW2 for BF:BC2 but Black Ops just looks so bad ass.

+1 I did too :) Already pre-ordered and pre-loaded Black Ops. icon_cheers.gif
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I might get it, if my computer can handle it. Is Phantom your steam name too???
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I considered it, but then Goldeneye came out last week, so yeah....
    :study:
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    What platform are you guys getting this on? I just built a new tower that SCREAMS so i'm torn between PC and xbox 360. :/
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I may pick it up this week, but it will gather dust until I have finished with New Vegas.
    I'll wait to see what the reviews are like. I hope its better than Medal Of Honor. Ughh, played that for 30 minutes, never went back.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Reseven wrote: »
    I may pick it up this week, but it will gather dust until I have finished with New Vegas.
    I'll wait to see what the reviews are like. I hope its better than Medal Of Honor. Ughh, played that for 30 minutes, never went back.

Yea Medal of Honor felt like BF:BC2 with higher res and less space in each level. I hope that black ops doesn't end up like MW2 and I hope they can give a fresh feel to old weapons (as this genre has been beaten to dust). The one game I'm really looking forward to though is the new Ghost Recon.
  • Options
    AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wish I had time for some games icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I have been waiting for that game to come out.

I haven't played MW2 for a while since every time we played our ping were really low. It seems like IWnet put us somewhere in Europe.

My clan has already pre-ordered 2 servers. When I get the IP address of our servers, join us there. I want to play with guys in the COD battle field.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    spartangtr wrote: »
    What platform are you guys getting this on? I just built a new tower that SCREAMS so i'm torn between PC and xbox 360. :/

PC, no doubt. FPS gaming on a console just sucks.
  • Options
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mine should ship out today I would imagine. I got it for the 360 :D
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□

Thats soo true but aren't there more cheaters on PC than console??
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Thats soo true but aren't there more cheaters on PC than console??
    Yea, that is why we have admins.
    PC is much more fun. Easy to join a game, no lag unlike consoles.

I am so getting the game tomorrow. Guys let me know if you guys want to play on our Server. I believe the server is located either Chicago or New York. Anyways, it's in eastcoast.
    I was told that we will receive and email about our servers' IP once the servers go up running.

I just can't believe they raised the PC games prices now by $10.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Arrived first post this morning and for the last 3 hours I have been trying to play it but OMG the lag and really bad FPS (even after screwing the graphics all the way down) ! With a cable connection, I am getting a ping averaging about 70-80 which should not be too bad but there is something gumming up the works.

Not sure what the US servers will be like but here in the UK, it is a nightmare. I'm working from home today but there are still 33,000 people on line and it's practically unplayable.

The servers are 16 or so players which makes it even more horrendous. I did get on one with only 8 players and I was making some headway and killed a few (I am prestige 9 on MW2 and have intervention mastered) but then it would completely lock up and need a pc reboot. Tonight when folks are home from work, it is going to be awfull.

Even laggy stand alone and the only way to get it going is to go offline on Steam.

Still, early days and they are going to have to upgrade the comms links and reduce the number of players per server or just put a bigger hampster in each server. You can already see a patch coming.

Still, looks really good. Just wish I could get into it more but in the state it's in, it's impossible for now.
    Kam.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□

amen

I have no idea how people can stand it.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Arrived first post this morning and for the last 3 hours I have been trying to play it but OMG the lag and really bad FPS (even after screwing the graphics all the way down) ! With a cable connection, I am getting a ping averaging about 70-80 which should not be too bad but there is something gumming up the works.

Not sure what the US servers will be like but here in the UK, it is a nightmare. I'm working from home today but there are still 33,000 people on line and it's practically unplayable.

The servers are 16 or so players which makes it even more horrendous. I did get on one with only 8 players and I was making some headway and killed a few (I am prestige 9 on MW2 and have intervention mastered) but then it would completely lock up and need a pc reboot. Tonight when folks are home from work, it is going to be awfull.

Even laggy stand alone and the only way to get it going is to go offline on Steam.

Still, early days and they are going to have to upgrade the comms links and reduce the number of players per server or just put a bigger hampster in each server. You can already see a patch coming.

Still, looks really good. Just wish I could get into it more but in the state it's in, it's impossible for now.

What video card are you running?
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote: »
    amen

I have no idea how people can stand it.

because it is more about skill versus being beat by better hardware.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote: »
    because it is more about skill versus being beat by better hardware.

Some people turn down the graphics to nothing to better play the game. :-p

Say what you want, you will always be wrong. ;)

Just to note, I'm just kidding. The subject isn't really debatable. It's like if I said "KFC is horrible, I don't understand how people can eat it". To each his own.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mishra wrote: »
    It's like if I said "KFC is horrible, I don't understand how people can eat it". To each his own.

But KFC is horrible...

On topic, I picked up my copy at GameStop last night. Full of dorks wearing camo and stuff....I stayed up late playing and almost overslept this morning....

MS
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    eMeS wrote: »
    Full of dorks wearing camo and stuff...
    Mmm... They're the people you should be wary of. A little too into pretend soldiering.

I know people that hate PCs and only play on consoles whilst others hate consoles and only play on PCs. It is just whatever you're used to.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tiersten wrote: »
    I know people that hate PCs and only play on consoles whilst others hate consoles and only play on PCs. It is just whatever you're used to.

I'm an equal opportunity time waster...

MS
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□

So true, that's why I havn't played one for 4 years now icon_sad.gif my PC just can't handle them anymore. I do have 360 but i only use it for sport games.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I've got PC games and consoles. I play neither as I always end up wasting time on something else random. Oops.
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□

MS

Same here.

PC, PS3, 360, and Wii.

Wifey thinks I'm a little nuts.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    Not too impressed so far, playing on ps3.
    Overall it's a good game, but everything seems a little slowed down, I enjoyed the frantic pace of MW and MW2 this seems more like the love child of MW & Battlefield 2.
    Early days yet though.
  • Options
    katierosekatierose Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I reaaaally want to get this game but I fear it will distract me from my studies due by the end of the year. icon_sad.gif The boyfriend will probably be playing it a lot too so I am just going to be jealous until I get my copy.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    billyr wrote: »
    Not too impressed so far, playing on ps3.
    Overall it's a good game, but everything seems a little slowed down, I enjoyed the frantic pace of MW and MW2 this seems more like the love child of MW & Battlefield 2.
    Early days yet though.

I'd have to play it myself but I got this impression as well after watching gameplay vids and reviews. The new multiplayer modes are cool but I feel like they would get old real quick (deathmatch, king of the hill, and team DM are always popular no matter what game it is IMO lol)
  • Options
    katierose wrote: »
    I reaaaally want to get this game but I fear it will distract me from my studies due by the end of the year.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too, I have 3 exams to finish by December. If I get the game, theres no way that'll happen. I have to come to the realization that I have no self control on some things...