Options

Call of Duty Black Ops out this week

2»

Comments

• Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is the reason why I haven't gotten this game and the new MoH. I have two papers I have to write before I graduate next month. If I bought these games I would never get my papers written. Oh, and I play on PC.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can tell the difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch. COD is a bit arcade like, feels like Time Crisis a bit except you can move and shoot.

Modern Warfare 1 and 2 felt realistic and arcade like. World at War ticked me off a lot with the campaign game. I played on normal mode and I kept dying in certain areas. I realized I was playing "tactical" but some parts of the game spawn so many enemies that respawn no matter what. I learned I had to run and gun and get to a checkpoint and die. It was lame. That and the WWII lore was heavily modified to make the game feel more like Modern Warfare. Something I noticed with Black Ops.

I like it a bit and the multiplayer is fun. Zombie mode was my favorite part of World at War.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I can tell the difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch. COD is a bit arcade like, feels like Time Crisis a bit except you can move and shoot.

Modern Warfare 1 and 2 felt realistic and arcade like. World at War ticked me off a lot with the campaign game. I played on normal mode and I kept dying in certain areas. I realized I was playing "tactical" but some parts of the game spawn so many enemies that respawn no matter what. I learned I had to run and gun and get to a checkpoint and die. It was lame. That and the WWII lore was heavily modified to make the game feel more like Modern Warfare. Something I noticed with Black Ops.

I like it a bit and the multiplayer is fun. Zombie mode was my favorite part of World at War.

I agree. The controls aren't as "tight" as what MW2 offers so aiming and moving is a little wonky sometimes. I haven't played Zombies on Black Ops yet but that was a great part of WaW. So far my favorite thing is the Wager Mode.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You grown men have time to play games :)
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    You grown men have time to play games :)

Yes! and...I dont live in my parents basement! (I would given the oppurtunity because it would be cheap, but it wont happen).

I just cant bring myself to play another game at the moment. There are so many franchise games you could spend forever buying the next one/playing it and then rinse repeat. What happened to original titles and creative games? :/
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I really would love to pick this one up... but I believe I'll wait until after the exam date for JNCIA-JUNOS passes near the end of the month... :D
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I really would love to pick this one up... but I believe I'll wait until after the exam date for JNCIA-JUNOS passes near the end of the month... :D

That's great. They might have fixed the bugs by then. The lag and the crashes are still there but you can see they have been working on it.

For me, jury is still out on whether it is better than MW2.
    Kam.
  • Options
    billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    I'm starting to get in to this now, wasn't keen at first as I like to run about like a headless chicken in these kind of games. I've found with this version that if you want a decent score then you have to take it easy and play a bit more tactically than in the predecessors.

Loving the zombies, glad to see it back. Just discovered the hidden game last night as well.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Hidden Games **** Guide Released
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i could never get into MW2. i preferred the first much more. Im not buying black ops until after 10th December - which is when i finish my uni semester...otherwise i will no doubt fail this semester :D. Looks pretty good though!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking