tshoot

AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
I passed this on Friday :D

As for study materials.. I used GNS3 as much as I could. worked well for the IPv6 lab. I bought the boson test to practice on. I do a lot of R/S trouble shooting at work, So this probably helped.

Advice. Take this exam 1 or 2 weeks after you passed the switch/route. It's pretty straight forward.

Not sure what to do next, may start heading CCIE direction. As i think it covers some of the gaps.. qos, security etc.

But it will be nice to have another pro cert, and DP seems the closest with only DA and Arch to sort out. So it may be a logical choice ;)

Comments

• gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!:D
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS... Good luck in which ever path you choose!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I personally picked CCIP after, mainly as its filling the gaps in my knowledge with QoS, BGP and MPLS before I head to the CCIE. Given the CCIE R&S has a lot on MPLS as well as QoS and BGP, its a good route to go in my opinion.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    stuh84 wrote: »
    its a good route to go in my opinion.

eh eh...no?

*gets coat

:)
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I was very tempted to make that pun myself, but held back :P
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    thanks guys :) I'm still unsure what to do next, But i have the QoS, arch and routing TCPip books on my desk at work, So I think I will start on one of them.
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486