Options

70-643 - Best Book

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
Happy Sunday!

I've decided I'm going to try and knock out one more test before the end of the year. I've been working with 2008 R2 since about March, installing, writing security policies to lock down, configuring various features, etc. However, I'm getting ready to take on a project that will require me writing a security policy for IIS 7.5. So with all I've done and what I have coming up, I've decided to tackle the 643 before the end of the year.

That being said, what is probably the best book out there regarding 2008 R2? I'd like something that covers the material for the test but but I'd also like a pretty good book for reference as well.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So far I think Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed is the best book covering R2. You might want to also use the MS Press Training kit (which is just Server 200icon_cool.gif as it goes into more detail on the features.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    So far I think Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed is the best book covering R2. You might want to also use the MS Press Training kit (which is just Server 200icon_cool.gif as it goes into more detail on the features.

I was actually going to ask you about the Unleashed book. Does it provide any chapter review questions, etc? Or is it just a general overview of the OS?
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are not questions in the Unleached book, you can't use it alone to pass 70-643 IMO I think you should get at least the MS Press book. I've used these two books and it was enough to pass.

The unleached book is a great resource to learn Windows 2008 R2 it's not a general review it does go in depth in some topics.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Neither the mastering or unleashed have questions. They are good secondary resources.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.