2»

Comments

• Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    My job isn't stressful at all! *pops Prozac* *twitch*
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way more stressful than it has to be, which is my main beef with it.
    :study:
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I just design sites, just the wan portion. I have a NOC to deal with all the crap that comes in. I usually turn up a site drop in a few routers and switches. Do some BGP/OSPF and leave someone else around to deal with it. No stress at all. I'm usually doing paper work or studying. My next job I start in 2 weeks I will be back a technical assistance center. so I expect the stress level to go way up as I will only be getting calls for outtages.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□

I've taken to turning off my phones at 6pm every evening, and leaving the work phone off on weekends. I don't check email/voicemail until Monday morning. It helps to keep me relaxed on nights/weekends, though it sometimes gets me in trouble. My logic, though: you want me available 24/7, you pay the price tag that comes with denying me a social life.

forkvoid

you got it man; yeah I have gotten in trouble at times but you know I am the only manager who comes in any time of the day 24/7 for all our banking services. yeah I feel bad but it stresses me out to think my assistant isnt responsible like me. and when he gets t he call and then it routes to me if they alert response cant get him. I always answer the phone but you know are right I know it is bad but it is not right for someone to own my soul 24/7 and not pay me 100,000 a year my boss gets paid big bucks and well next year I will am goingto ask for a big raise after 1 year to show them what I have and the improvments. to keep me you pay this much and I will do it nicely....;) oh yeah you betcha....;)
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Sometimes gets really stressful and some other days it's the Sea of Tranquility. It's really difficult to measure and I just gave up on measuring it.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not stressful at all (so far), this job is a lot of fun and a challenge. Close commute, cool co-workers/supervisors, getting the most income I have ever gotten from any IT job Ive had so far, I get to study when there's downime...so yeah pretty cool.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I usually get screamed at once a day. Top of their lungs jumping on a desk hyperventilating scream.

After a while it gets to you, some days you can brush it off. Other days it ruins the rest of your day.

End users... but what can you do. We're a outside consulting firm. I need to keep them happy to keep them.

I support 500-600 people personally from a wide range of firms. Great variety in issues to keep the mind sharp.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?