Options

Who is pursuing the CCIE in 2011

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!

Comments

• Options
    I still have a voucher for the CCIE Lab -- and a 6 month extension on my CCIE Written exam due to the "Abomination."

I don't think I ever publicly posted about the "Abomination" -- and all I'll say about the "Abomination" is that the Security and Professionalism at the Pearson Vue Professional Test Center was fantastic.

On the other hand -- the piece of crap buggy pre-alpha remote accessed simulated/emulated Solaris environment that crashed locked up and lost configurations with no notepad no copy and paste no working access to documentation and separate simulated/emulated switch modules for each switch port can rot in hell.

I think we're coming up on 7 months since the "Abomination" and I still think those %^@#$%^* @#%@ can *()#%)#$* for that *)%#$&*(&*(#$ @#%^ @#$^^@ #@%^%^@#. Seriously -- you think those *^@#$ @#^*@#$ would have thought to mention that piece of ^&@# **** exam environment was a barely functional pre-pre-pre-alpha test. icon_evil.gif

Seriously -- just thinking about the "Abomination" again reminds me how pissed off I still am at Cisco about it. What were those #$#@ #$%&# #$&# **** for brains #$&*# #$&*$#$# thinking?

Hopefully I'll find my happy place -- and let go of the anger -- in time for another attempt at RTP or San Jose before I hit the 1 year anniversary of the "Abomination."

That's all I have to publicly say about the "Abomination."

I would have considered another Mobile Lab -- but I didn't see Chicago on the schedule the last time I checked. If those f*ck heads at Cisco deployed the windows "kiosk" software from the lab/mobile lab (and remote real hardware racks) at the Pearson Vue Professional Test Centers, I'd go there again.

I'm probably in for an attempt somewhere between February and April.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I think we're coming up on 7 months since the "Abomination" and I still think those %^@#$%^* @#%@ can *()#%)#$* for that *)%#$&*(&*(#$ @#%^ @#$^^@ #@%^%^@#. Seriously -- you think those *^@#$ @#^*@#$ would have thought to mention that piece of ^&@# **** exam environment was a barely functional pre-pre-pre-alpha test. icon_evil.gif

Seriously -- just thinking about the "Abomination" again reminds me how pissed off I still am at Cisco about it. What were those #$#@ #$%&# #$&# **** for brains #$&*# #$&*$#$# thinking?

Seriously Mike... I'm sensing some ambivalence. Don't hold it all it... how do you really feel???

I have the CCVP as a goal in 2011, so I'll hold off until you post the 2012 Pursuit thread to "declare".

Mike

EDIT: forgot to mention... I call the ex the Abomination. Bet your experience with the exam was equally frustrating, though.

Good luck heading to RTP in the spring.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    I'm at it again in January sometime, so yeah, count me in early 2011.
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    I am in...written by the end of this year, lab next year.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    mikej412 wrote: »

Who are you, and what did you do with Mike? I think the only other time I see you this upset is when folks are mentioning ****!

As to the thread of the post, I'm in. Your timing is good, I was sitting working numbers with my boss today about what the company can do to help me out with training material and paying for the lab itself.

Aim to have written done by April, and the lab by the end of the year, though I may allow for a couple months push into 2012.
  • Options
    jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    *walks in, adding name to list, walking out* icon_thumright.gif
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I'd say almost definitely. Once I've passed the CCIP (which I've already started, and hope to have out the way sharpish) I should be on course for at least entertaining the CCIE. Obviously I'll be starting with the Written, so I'm hoping to have the written done by the end of 2011.

The lab is a different story, but we'll see how it all goes. So yeah, written i'd say 99% certain I'll be doing it next year. Lab? Probably more 2012/13.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would like to take a punt at the lab during the 'fat' of 2011. It really depends how well things are going at work as I need some regular time to revise properly and that just isnt the case for the foreseeable future as Im leading so many major network infrastructure designs through 2010 - 2011.

Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Not sure where I will be in 2011.

Getting married in 3 weeks
    New job on Monday
    Trying to move to a new (bigger) house

Where I fit CCIE in amongst all that, I'm not too sure...

Wait and see when I get there really, until the wedding is out of the way it is rather difficult to predict what life is going to be like at the moment.
  • Options
    killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not sure when I'll be ready to take my written exam for R&S but I'm currently at 92 hours of reading/labbing. I'll definitely give the lab a shot in 2011.
  • Options
    hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As soon as I get CWNA and CWSP out of the way, I'm focusing 100% on CCIE Security. I plan on doing the written in 2011 and the lab in 2012.
    I will be using all the advice found in Ahirakin's excellent CCIE Sec-thread as my guiding light. (and probably send him at least one thousand questions along the way... :))
  • Options
    killuah72 wrote: »
    Not sure when I'll be ready to take my written exam for R&S but I'm currently at 92 hours of reading/labbing. I'll definitely give the lab a shot in 2011.

That's a good tally. A lot of people put the study hours in their signature as a motivator so you might find that useful. Cross the 100 hour mark! Good luck in your studies.
  • Options
    aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    definitely doing it in the first Q of 2011. Going to be hitting the rack hard now i have an actual network job! :)
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Doing written early 2011 and lab 2011 or 2012 depending on how things turn out.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    That's a good tally. A lot of people put the study hours in their signature as a motivator so you might find that useful. Cross the 100 hour mark! Good luck in your studies.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
  • Options
    killuah72 wrote: »
    Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Well done on the hours. You have almost doubled since your last post on here. Keep it up!
  • Options
    civsi44civsi44 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm scheduled for the lab on 3/4/11. We'll see how it goes as this will be my first shot.
  • Options
    Evanz ZidEvanz Zid Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning for CCIE Voice end of Dec 2011.

Does any CCIE level certification has demand in the market? or is the trend towards Voice or Security? I opt for the one in which I am good at, when starting CCIE, that is the basis I selected Voice.icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    with experience its in demand
  • Options
    Evanz ZidEvanz Zid Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    with experience its in demand

Well yes that is the good news.. bad news.. experiance is soo little as ABC icon_sad.gif.

But will develop....
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am in after I complete the CCNA Security. I am going to try to have my company pay for ine. I will also use my home lab extensively throughout the journey.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    well, now that I'm finally done with work mandated crap, I can get back to this. I'm about a month behind where I wanted to be, so I'll probably go ahead and aim for passing written by the end of may instead.
  • Options
    brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    CCIE Security for me, hopefully before the end of the year depending on my work schedule!
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am in after I complete the CCNA Security. I am going to try to have my company pay for ine. I will also use my home lab extensively throughout the journey.

My boss agreed to pay for Ine.com's ccie v4 program for myself and another employee. We have a call with a sales rep from Ine.com tomorrow. I can't wait to begin!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm game.

CCIE-ho!
  • Options
    avladavlad Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCIE R&S by end of Q1 2011.
  • Options
    agent2592agent2592 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am doing the written this summer. Got the lab and books on standby.
    CCIE written here I come...
  • Options
    millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    I will probably be taking the written within 6 months, and the lab by years end. :)
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So how does the game work? You sit for the written and pass... how long do you have to take the lab afterwards? I was planning on starting an MBA in the fall of 2012 after completing my MS in Cybersecurity Policy in the Summer, but I think I will put it off one more year. I need to give myself a little bit of a break from school and it will give me an extra year to save up for some of the tuition.

So, I think the CCIE Security lab will be in my forecast for 2012... and CCIE Security written by the end of 2011.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    powerfool wrote: »
    how long do you have to take the lab afterwards?
    You have 18 months after passing the written exam to take the lab exam -- or you go back to square one.

If you need more than one Lab visit, you then have to take your next Lab exam within one year.

I think you have to wait 30 days between failed lab attempts.

Your written exam expires at 3 years if you haven't passed the Lab Exam (assuming you've hit the 18 month and then the 1 year targets) -- then the cycle starts over.