Options

ICND2 Scheduled Monday 15th 12pm

I have labbed and studied like a mad man.

I have put together over 500 test questions from various books and cd materials.

My first run through these questions I'm averaging 91% so far, 300/500 questions completed. These are BOSON (came with Cisco press) Cioara's Exam Cram, Valentines Exam Cram and my own questions.

I will delete and resetup my lab. I have targeted my problem areas again and I just need a little more study on OSPF DR/BDR election and a few tid bits.

Since I found out i'm getting laid off in the next couple months this has really spurred me to hit the overdrive on studying and labs, lucky me the wife is all for it.

I plan to immediately start on my CCNP track. Worst case scenario is I get a severance package, and unemployment while I knock out my CCNP lol.

I'm feeling pretty confident on my ICND2 study and skills. I cant wait.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    notun1notun1 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your exam..
    ===============
    Currently working on 642-902 ROUTE

CCNP_ROUTE_642-902_Official_Certification_Guide(80%)
    GNS3 LAB: (50%)
    CBT_Nuggets: (80%)
    Routing TCPIP, Volume I and II (0%)
    642-902_Foundation_Learning_Guide (0%)
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Sorry to hear about you job. Good luck on your test. I too will be sitting for my ICND2 sometime in Dec.
  • Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Hey, dont feel so bad. A similiar story happened to me. I got laid off of my job (no notice BTW) and I basically got a package and took the money to buy a Cisco lab and finish my CCNA. Worked out since now I'm doing freelance work but unfortuantly isn't steady income. Planning on tackling the CCNP next.

Go for it man! Let us know how well you did! :)
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    Thanks everyone. I have 100% willingness to move anywhere to get a better job so hopefully I will be ok. I have a long time to find what I want so I'm very lucky to not be limited to short amount of time.

Well i'm 378 questions deep into my 500+ combined questions and i'm still averaging 90.45%. In addition to OSPF DR/BDR election I have a slight weak area in Frame which I will cure this week with some heavy frame lab time.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I also got laid off without a notice in advance. I used that time to study for certifications. Good luck on the exam. ICND2 is alittle tougher than ICND1.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    nevermindnevermind Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My the force be with you gentlemen. Think that you won't fail and it will not happen. Relax on your day of exam and try to have a goodnight sleep the night before.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    nevermind wrote: »
    My the force be with you gentlemen. Think that you won't fail and it will not happen. Relax on your day of exam and try to have a goodnight sleep the night before.

Best of luck.

Thanks man. I found ICND1 was just more time management, the material really wasnt that difficult. I'll take the same time management techniques on ICND2 but I feel much more confident about this test.

I cant wait to re-do my resume and put CCNA on it lol, hopefully that will help me land another job somewhere far out of state. 4 years ISP HFC experience and 4 years PCI network ops experience.
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck bro! Also, sorry to hear about your job. I didn't think IT people got laid off? Here is AUS there is a major shortage of skilled IT professionals.

I'll be hitting the ICND2 study next week.
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Cingular wrote: »
    Here is AUS there is a major shortage of skilled IT professionals.

There shoudn't be, most of ours are moving over there. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    rinoelrinoel Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wish you luck and I hope that u will pass it, btw I have also scheduled my CCNA Composite exam for the 19-th November.
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wbosher wrote: »
    There shoudn't be, most of ours are moving over there. icon_lol.gif

Didn't know there were IT professionals in NZ! :P :P
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Cingular wrote: »
    Didn't know there were IT professionals in NZ! :P :P