Options

A+ Voucher Discounts

Hello guys,

(If this thread isn't allowed, feel free to remove.)

I am going to take my A+ within the next week. Can anyone recommend any sites that offer cheaper vouchers than paying regular price?

I know of a few so far
GetCertify4less
Voucher4You
TotalSem

they all range in the 140-145 range. i'd assume the most trustworthy one is TotalSem as Mike Myers has a reputation to uphold. I've also heard some bad things about Voucher4You in a thread a few months ago.

Which would you guys recommend and if you know of a site with even cheaper prices, please list them.

Thanks
On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
Scheduled for: Unscheduled
Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hello guys,

(If this thread isn't allowed, feel free to remove.)

I am going to take my A+ within the next week. Can anyone recommend any sites that offer cheaper vouchers than paying regular price?

I know of a few so far
    GetCertify4less
    Voucher4You
    TotalSem

they all range in the 140-145 range. i'd assume the most trustworthy one is TotalSem as Mike Myers has a reputation to uphold. I've also heard some bad things about Voucher4You in a thread a few months ago.

Which would you guys recommend and if you know of a site with even cheaper prices, please list them.

Thanks

Welcome to TE. The absolute cheapest you can get it is via a Prometric partner school (most likely your closest community college). When I took it this summer, I was able to grab vouchers for $74 a pop. If you are a student, definitely check with your college to see if your school is a partner.

Most ebay sellers I've seen have it set for "Buy It Now or Best Offer"; in most cases, this allows you to negotiate. If you take this route, make sure you use Paypal and the like in case of blow back (voucher ends up having an issue, fake, etc).
  • Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    Welcome to TE. The absolute cheapest you can get it is via a Prometric partner school (most likely your closest community college). When I took it this summer, I was able to grab vouchers for $74 a pop. If you are a student, definitely check with your college to see if your school is a partner.

Most ebay sellers I've seen have it set for "Buy It Now or Best Offer"; in most cases, this allows you to negotiate. If you take this route, make sure you use Paypal and the like in case of blow back (voucher ends up having an issue, fake, etc).
    unfortunately, i am not a student nor am i attending college. =/
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would be careful dealing with voucher4you. Many of us were scammed by him. There is a thread around here somewhere talking about it. He was selling the same voucher many times or generating fake numbers or something. Quite a few people ended up being able to register and then had their appointments cancelled before their test date.

There really aren't that many discount voucher places I would trust. I think Preplogic offers a little bit off of a voucher if you buy from them. After my experience with Voucher4You I am sticking to buying them through Prometric/Vue. The extra money is worth the peace of mind to me.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103

My A+ instructor and the testing center have been incredibly unhelpful in finding a student discount, but it appears to be offered at one of our partner schools (every community college in my state falls under one organization). After you mentioned this student voucher, I did a google search of "<school parent organization> a+ student voucher" and sure enough, there is a discount out there! Just had to find the right faculty member to ask. Haven't heard back from them yet, but I thank you for saving me $188.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.