Options

So ready to take this test but...

logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm broke.icon_cry.gif I've been studying for this test since April. I've read the books and watched the videos and now I'm taking the practice tests. It just seems like whenever I'm ready to take the test something comes up. This week it's car trouble. My job reimbureses me for any test I pass, so it's not like I'm loosing money as long as I pass. Right now I'm reading the Mike meyers book AGAINicon_study.gif, because I don't want to get rusty but I am so ready to move on to the next cert. I was really hoping to be able to get Net+ and Security+ in before the end of the year. Now I'm just hoping for Net+. Where are all of the good cheap vouchers at?

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would say your money is better spent on the Security+. The Network+ fundamentals are crucial (definitely learn them) but in terms of overall ROI, the Network+ is not really "looked for" these days by HR goons. Sec+ will help you if you decide to take the government contracting route and is a well rounded cert which builds upon the A+, and Net+.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm broke.icon_cry.gif I've been studying for this test since April. I've read the books and watched the videos and now I'm taking the practice tests. It just seems like whenever I'm ready to take the test something comes up. This week it's car trouble. My job reimbureses me for any test I pass, so it's not like I'm loosing money as long as I pass. Right now I'm reading the Mike meyers book AGAINicon_study.gif, because I don't want to get rusty but I am so ready to move on to the next cert. I was really hoping to be able to get Net+ and Security+ in before the end of the year. Now I'm just hoping for Net+. Where are all of the good cheap vouchers at?

Check this site I have bought from there and got a good deal on a sec+ voucher: Certification Exam Vouchers Hot Deals at GetCertify4Less.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'm too deep into the Net+ to switch, plus I don't think I could get done with the Sec+ book by the end of the year. I figure I might as well get that lifetime Net+ while I can. It's probably just as well that I don't get the lifetime Sec+ certificate. Security is something that will always be changing and I don't want to get lazy with a lifetime Security cert. Having to recertify will keep me on my toes. As far as the Get Certified for Less webite, Thanks! How well do the early expire vouchers work? I saw a Net+ for 175 which is a good deal IMO.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the advice. I'm too deep into the Net+ to switch, plus I don't think I could get done with the Sec+ book by the end of the year. I figure I might as well get that lifetime Net+ while I can. It's probably just as well that I don't get the lifetime Sec+ certificate. Security is something that will always be changing and I don't want to get lazy with a lifetime Security cert. Having to recertify will keep me on my toes. As far as the Get Certified for Less webite, Thanks! How well do the early expire vouchers work? I saw a Net+ for 175 which is a good deal IMO.

They work no different from buying them right from CompTIA. You will get a voucher code via e-mail and use it to book the exam. Just make sure you check the expiration date and make sure it is valid for the U.S. and is not an international voucher and you should be good to go.
  • Options
    Finally purchased the voucher and scheduled the exam for next Tuesday!icon_cheers.gif

I've been getting pretty good practice test scores and I've listened to the Train Signal videos since my last post. I'm cramming big time now but I'm pretty sure I'm ready for this test.
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Awesome...good luck!

I'm working on a test now that I keep rescheduling and pushing off a week or two. There's always something....
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    I used Train Signal for Network+ as well and passed. Good Luck to ya icon_thumright.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck to ya!! You can do it icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Tomorrow's the day.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    and the result is...
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Pass! I got a 763 which is kinda dissapointing, but I'm so glad to be able to move on from this. I went back over my test and did a lot of answer changing so I'm not sure if that helped or hindered me. I only had two subnetting questions which I know I bombed on. The hardest part for me was the wording of some of the questions. You definitely have to read those questions all the way through and then read them again.

Security+ is next then on to some MS certs. I'm going to try to buy a voucher or two now with some of my tax refund money so I won't be stuck like I was with Net+.

Thanks for all of your encouraging words.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing. Usually changing the answer is a bad idea unless you're positive your original answer was wrong.
    When you speak about the wording of the question the Sec+ is worded so that reading the entire question carefully is paramount. Hopefully you've read a few posts in the Sec+ forum to know THE BOOK to get.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, I also have the habit of going back and changing my answers when I know I shouldn't
    "Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
    2013/2014 Certifications
    CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
    Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.