Options

CISSP on 11/13

botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone:

I have preparing for this cissp since April and I have 3 more days to review.
I have been reviewing all 10 domains and take practice exams for 2 weeks.

Any wisdom you can suggest which could give me the edge to pass this exam?
Cheers and thanks,
working on cissp, ceh and pmp

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You should be pretty prepared if you have been studying since April... My advice, the last few days, simply do a light review - don't try to cram everything at the last minute, and get a good night's rest the night before! No hangover, no late movie, no Letterman or Leno... and if you can, eat a light (healthy) breakfast before you test. Makes a world of difference, IMO.

Good luck!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    colemic wrote: »
    You should be pretty prepared if you have been studying since April... My advice, the last few days, simply do a light review - don't try to cram everything at the last minute, and get a good night's rest the night before! No hangover, no late movie, no Letterman or Leno... and if you can, eat a light (healthy) breakfast before you test. Makes a world of difference, IMO.

Good luck!

Thanks for your advice, you are right. I did 3-6 hours test drills last weekend to see how it is and I thought I was holding up very well.
    As far as reviewing, I have been flipping pages from ISC and AIO books. Thursday and Friday will be going through all my notes and taking light tests to maintain testing taking rhythm. My goal is passing this test but the KEY is "Selecting the right answer".
    Thanks,
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    botbill wrote: »
    but the KEY is "Selecting the right answer".
    Thanks,
    More than you realize. In exam terminology, the correct answer in each exam item is referred to as "the key." So you see, the key is selecting the key. ;)

It sounds like you will do fine. Just remember to walk into the exam room with confidence and professionalism and shun any doubt or trepidation that you may begin to feel. Keep up your confidence until you have walked out of the room having completed your exam. Only then you may run screaming all the way to the parking lot. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Make sure to get onsite early. I recommend an hour early, that way you're not rushing, you can relax, read over some notes or perhaps run into a colleague and chat it up for a few. Best thing is to go in relaxed.

I tried to complete each column within an hour (45 minutes to be exact), and take a 5 minute break.

Get plenty of sleep the night before! And bring snacks (they should have a table to put your stuff on).
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    More than you realize. In exam terminology, the correct answer in each exam item is referred to as "the key." So you see, the key is selecting the key. ;)

It sounds like you will do fine. Just remember to walk into the exam room with confidence and professionalism and shun any doubt or trepidation that you may begin to feel. Keep up your confidence until you have walked out of the room having completed your exam. Only then you may run screaming all the way to the parking lot. icon_lol.gif

Thanks JD, I need to be very confident to walk in and take that test.
  • Options
    cabrillo24 wrote: »
    Make sure to get onsite early. I recommend an hour early, that way you're not rushing, you can relax, read over some notes or perhaps run into a colleague and chat it up for a few. Best thing is to go in relaxed.

I tried to complete each column within an hour (45 minutes to be exact), and take a 5 minute break.

Get plenty of sleep the night before! And bring snacks (they should have a table to put your stuff on).

Thanks, man. I know exactly you are saying about going to bed early a night before. I did a test drill on Saturday last week and did very well.

I took another on next day on Sunday morning. It took me an hour before i could start focusing. You can guess what happened on Saturday night.
    Cheers,