Passed with a 710

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
wow, what a damn battle this test was for me!

I didnt get to finish a couple of questions and ever second was petronizing!!!

Im glad Im done with that!!

icon_redface.gif

I need to get better at speed with these exams. Need to finish on time

say, what title do I get with passing the 70-215???
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats XDX!!! You have already listed your title, MCP, that's it. Finish the rest and you get your MCSA/E. Someday, I'll finish it......

Anything in particular that got you good? I'm planning on taking this eventually.......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Installing Windows 2000 Server was my weakest says the result page that was handed to after taking the test

All the questions were like paragraph form that it took alot of time just trying to get what they were trying to say.

It was just so many ways that they came up with that.

What got me good though was the about NTFS and Share permisions.

It was because it dealt with a parent and child folder and it didnt say if the child folder inheritated the same file permissions. I got like 3 questions like that and 2 two of them were about finding the answer that gets the job done and doesnt give extra access or rights. By saying that there was more than one answer that solved the problem but you have to pick the one that doesnt give any extra access or rights than needed!

The possible solutions that they gave for a possible answer did have the magic words "Child folder inherits parent folder permissions" and another one didnt!

There were a few spelling and missing words in the questions when came to the Share/NTFS permissions also
    say you are going after your MCSA again?? you had the title before??
    No, once you hold a M$ cert, it never expires. However, I actually stopped my studies in the field for most of last year, and just started reading up again late last year or so.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    janmike, thanks man. It was a battle I tell you. I heard the server was the hardest one.

Ricka182, I didnt know the Microsofts stay with you for life. I thought they expire???
    No, Comptia and M$ are good for life. Other certs like Cisco and Sun have to be re-tested to stay valid, usually every three years.
  • TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Congrats! :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job! I need to start studying for my 215. What materials did you use???
    Im doing it with New Horizons. They gave me a book and review that and plus they got their measure up tests

I went on the net did alot of pratice questions and also used those Trasnscenders(spelling)

I have to say those Transcenders are alot alike the real test!! Im surprise that those guys dont get in real trouble
    They don't in trouble because it's not the actual exam and answers like a braindump. It's one of the hardest practice exams out there, which, in combination with the explanations, makes them a good study aid. I'm using them for 215, along with Sybex.