Options

RHCT/RHCE Exam CHANGES!!

Comments

• Options
    thedude666thedude666 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah one of the things I first inquired about was DRM...I'm not a fan at all and I didn't want to use a publisher that was going to lock me into their DRM system.

I believe that the book will be released through Safari Books Online. With Safari you can read the book online, download it as a PDF, and they have an app for the iPad as well.

I'm also in talks about doing a training video series for both exams as well. Those would also be available through this publisher and my training company site. Let you know how that turns out.

Happy to hear there is no DRM.
    Then I can read it on my Kindle DX ;)
    Training videos sound very interesting however costs of those are likely to be alot higher then the book.
    On the other hand: I don't know about a CBT provider that provides recent videos about RHCE/RHEL.

I hope the digital book comes soon :)
  • Options
    KfergKferg Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im so happy the book will be out soon. I have been reading thru the deployment guide and i have read the installation guide for RHEL6 and i will try read thru the storage and security guide's also but to have reading material to help point me in the right direction will be awesome. You will have my money as soon as its ready.

I know a good deal of people are grateful for you and this book nightshade but let me say personally Thanks. Because of your book and my hard work i will achieve RHCSA this year and finally find a job doing what i have wanted to do for quite some time now.

icon_cheers.gif
    Sometimes we sit and try to pretend we are happy with what we are doing. Open your eyes and do what you feel will make you happy!
  • Options
    Yeah one of the things I first inquired about was DRM...I'm not a fan at all and I didn't want to use a publisher that was going to lock me into their DRM system.

I believe that the book will be released through Safari Books Online. With Safari you can read the book online, download it as a PDF, and they have an app for the iPad as well.

I'm also in talks about doing a training video series for both exams as well. Those would also be available through this publisher and my training company site. Let you know how that turns out.

Hearing all those people talking about RHCSA I started to wonder if it is about RHCE as well :s It is about RHCE as well right? :s
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    I know that many people are still waiting on my book and it is coming I promise. I did want to stop and point something else out though. In the beginning of this thread there are lists of the exam prep guide requirements as well as links to the actual Red Hat pages with the prep guide requirements. I highly suggest anyone studying for either Red Hat exam have another look at the prep guide objectives on the RED HAT WEBSITE. They have changed their exam objectives from when they first posted the new exams. Make sure you have a print out of the latest version of these objectives when studying and that you periodically check them before sitting for your exam. Red Hat does reserve the right to change their objectives at any time.
  • Options
    I know that many people are still waiting on my book and it is coming I promise. I did want to stop and point something else out though. In the beginning of this thread there are lists of the exam prep guide requirements as well as links to the actual Red Hat pages with the prep guide requirements. I highly suggest anyone studying for either Red Hat exam have another look at the prep guide objectives on the RED HAT WEBSITE. They have changed their exam objectives from when they first posted the new exams. Make sure you have a print out of the latest version of these objectives when studying and that you periodically check them before sitting for your exam. Red Hat does reserve the right to change their objectives at any time.

And your book is covering the "latest" (as for now) objectives? ;)
  • Options
    Still no update? icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    You can't rush these things. Made some last minute changes to incorporate more updated content. Digital release is coming shortly.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can't rush these things. Made some last minute changes to incorporate more updated content. Digital release is coming shortly.

Can't rush perfection? :)
  • Options
    No offense, it is just that it was announced a while back :)
    Do you have any idea on what shortly would mean ;) 1 week/month/...?
  • Options
  • Options
    BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thks for the update. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    Almost there.... :D:D:D
  • Options
    I hear drums ?
  • Options
    Bodanel wrote: »
    I hear drums ?

Lol :)
    Was thinking the same this morning.
    I am probably way to unpatient.
  • Options
    thedude666 wrote: »
    Lol :)
    Was thinking the same this morning.
    I am probably way to unpatient.

Still not?
  • Options
    Still not?

Still waiting.....publishers are not the fastest people in the world. The first half of the book is full complete...they are just finishing up the proof reading on the second half. They promised by the 28th everything will be done and it will be...or else icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    Anyone have a safari account??? The Rough Cut is now available online for anyone that has a safari books online account. The finished digital edition is coming end of the month.

Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat® Exams: RHCSA? and RHCE® Cert Guide and Lab Manual: Safari Books Online
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Anyone have a safari account??? The Rough Cut is now available online for anyone that has a safari books online account. The finished digital edition is coming end of the month.

Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat® Exams: RHCSA? and RHCE® Cert Guide and Lab Manual: Safari Books Online

I took a look. Nice job. How much of this can be done with CentOs or Fedora? I noticed right off, it talks about the Red Hat Network. I can't afford RH, and I no longer work at a place that has it. Solaris and whatever I can download.

Greg
  • Options
    brownwrap wrote: »
    I took a look. Nice job. How much of this can be done with CentOs or Fedora? I noticed right off, it talks about the Red Hat Network. I can't afford RH, and I no longer work at a place that has it. Solaris and whatever I can download.

Greg

Thanks. I'd say 98% of this can all be done on CentOS. Things like the Red Hat Network and one or two other things are Red Hat specific. Other than that you should be fine with CentOS. Good Luck...let me know if there are any other questions.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Thanks. I'd say 98% of this can all be done on CentOS. Things like the Red Hat Network and one or two other things are Red Hat specific. Other than that you should be fine with CentOS. Good Luck...let me know if there are any other questions.

*cough*spacewalk*cough*
  • Options
    anobomskianobomski Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the book is currently showing in amazon for pre-orders.
    smokey.
  • Options
    I'll check it out this weekend :) !
  • Options
    I will wait until digital is ready. The shipping costs to my country are HUGE for a book.
  • Options
    I bought the rough drafts version yesterday.
    I am at page 130.

I have to say there are alot of spelling mistakes and some strange sentences.

For example the switch options of tail and head say the n option is about files however it is about lines.
    I found alot of words missing in sentences or telling 2 times the same thing.

Some examples are not enough worked out IMHO.

I hope I get the full book when it is finished without having to pay again. (I paid now for this book and it seems that I get a free trail of 10 days for safaribooks). It looks now that I will only have access to the book for 10 days :s (so early buyers actually get disadvantages :S; I might be wrong of course:) )
    I only want this book and I want to pay once.
  • Options
    I bought the rough drafts version yesterday.
    I am at page 130.

I have to say there are alot of spelling mistakes and some strange sentences.

For example the switch options of tail and head say the n option is about files however it is about lines.
    I found alot of words missing in sentences or telling 2 times the same thing.

Some examples are not enough worked out IMHO.

I hope I get the full book when it is finished without having to pay again. (I paid now for this book and it seems that I get a free trail of 10 days for safaribooks). It looks now that I will only have access to the book for 10 days :s (so early buyers actually get disadvantages :S; I might be wrong of course:) )
    I only want this book and I want to pay once.

First of all, this is a rough cut. They basically take the unedited manuscript and post it online so there are bound to be mistakes and spelling errors.

Secondly, if you bought it once then you should have the book in your digital library forever. If you accessed it through the free trial that is another story.

Third, it isn't easy to write a book of this size and depth. If you don't like it, I'm sorry to disappoint.
  • Options
    First of all, this is a rough cut. They basically take the unedited manuscript and post it online so there are bound to be mistakes and spelling errors.

Secondly, if you bought it once then you should have the book in your digital library forever. If you accessed it through the free trial that is another story.

Third, it isn't easy to write a book of this size and depth. If you don't like it, I'm sorry to disappoint.

I want to make clear that I am not disappointed.
    I just give some remarks. For me this is an easy read as I already know all knowledge for the rhct/rhce exam for RHEL5.
    So please see this as feedback. :)
  • Options
    KfergKferg Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any idea how far into march it will be before digital book is released?
    Sometimes we sit and try to pretend we are happy with what we are doing. Open your eyes and do what you feel will make you happy!
  • Options
    Kferg wrote: »
    Any idea how far into march it will be before digital book is released?

Still not finished?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was considering the RHCSA/RHCE but that is pretty expensive I think I'll pass!! icon_sad.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63