Options

What are the hot IT areas in the US at the moment?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Johnta20 wrote: »
    No Technically Ill be all tiers of support since the only way the call can be escalted if it's something someone would have to physically go out and do. It's a contract the bank Im working for the biggest in charlotte is only hiring contractors for it's IT department and moving internal employee's around. No raises and no chance of getting a permant postion either. This will be my First helpdesk jobs. But alot of the people I work with have done it before the agent beside me has a ccnp, and another agent was previously a system admin. Jobs may look plentiful in NC but there's hundreads of applicaiants for every job posted.

Hmm, that's the opposite of here. No jobs and really no one applying for them. The IT field here in Memphis is microscopic, I continually run into people i've worked with before in other jobs. I just like that area of the country but I also have to look at where I can make a living.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Johnta20Johnta20 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rwmidl wrote: »
    There use to be quite a bit of banking in the Charlotte area (BoA was hq'd there I believe). I'm not so sure anymore - though I think banking is still pretty big.

Charlotte's economy is built around banking. WellsFargo formley Wachovia is also huge here.
  • Options
    Johnta20Johnta20 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Hmm, that's the opposite of here. No jobs and really no one applying for them. The IT field here in Memphis is microscopic, I continually run into people i've worked with before in other jobs. I just like that area of the country but I also have to look at where I can make a living.
    Yeah just dont narrow your list down to NC, and if you move make sure you have a permant job lined up and that it actually pays a living wage.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jayc71 wrote: »
    Exactly. When people I know in other parts of the country find out the ballpark my salary is in, they think "wow!". But this area is so friggen expensive that it more than makes up for the higher pay around here.

I didn't take a job offer up there for that reason...

They actually only wanted to pay me 7% more than I was making in Louisville, KY or so...
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!