Juniper Certifications?

fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone ever considered studying Juniper certifications? I know in the world of networking their market share is small compared to cisco. So I was wondering if anyone knows much about these or has ever considered doing it.
Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.

Comments

• TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    I've heard of them, but I've never considered doing it.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would think second learning anything vendor specific.

It would be a waste of time memorizing commands or where a button locates if you never use it.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i think its worth doing as i see alot of listing where theyare looking for someone that has even a little knowlegde out them.. i plan on jumpin back into avaya after i get to a stopping point in the cisco area
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I *hate* Juniper routers. I have a pair of M5's sitting off to the side of me and they've been nothing short of a pain in the rear. The newer stuff isn't any fun to look at either. Cisco equipment is sooo much easier to work with
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I *hate* Juniper routers. I have a pair of M5's sitting off to the side of me and they've been nothing short of a pain in the rear. The newer stuff isn't any fun to look at either. Cisco equipment is sooo much easier to work with

That probably explains in part to why their market share is much less than Cisco.

Although everynow and then I see employment opportunities requiring their certs.
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    fusebox wrote:

That probably explains in part to why their market share is much less than Cisco.

Although everynow and then I see employment opportunities requiring their certs.

You might want to look at the last quarters reports. Juniper just took some market share back from Cisco. Juniper equipment have their place. They don't cover all the areas Cisco do...but it is still worth learning. I have been looking at there certifications for a little while...I just haven't jumped on it. I do not think that you will be hurting yourself by learning Juniper stuff. but this is just my opinion..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA