Options

If you've been laid off from IT raise your hand.

2»

Comments

• Options
    drewm320drewm320 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll be learning SMS and Pereguine whatever that is.

Peregrine is call tracking software. That will be a nice little plus for the resume if you will be administering the software. Lots of big helpdesks use it.
  • Options
    tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Drew. Oh and BTW it looks like SOMETHING is showing up on your x-ray. icon_eek.gif
    Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!
  • Options
    infamousinfamous Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats man!! Way to hang in there. Being persistent definitely pays off!!
  • Options
    fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This thread just made my day. Thankyou.

I too was once told "sorry we're going to have to let you go", back while I was in University, now im trying to get my CCNA to compliment my Telecomm. Eng. degree and hopefully land some sort of a job soon.
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • Options
    BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
    In my IT career (going on 6 years now) I have worked for 3 companies:

Qwest Communications
    Quest Diagnostics
    Reuters

Each company I have worked for has consolidated to another area in the US. I was working for Qwest in their Web Hosting department and they moved out to Denver, CO. I then got a job with Quest (no relation to QWEST) as a Helpdesk Analyst for the National Helpdesk and they moved to Horsham, PA. Then I landed a job as a Client Systems Analyst for Reuters in NYC but they moved out to St. Louis, MI. When I started with Reuters I was told on my first day, MY FIRST $&^%#@! DAY, that they are moving to St. Louis! HOW %$&^ UP IS THAT?!?!?!?!

I am back with Quest Diagnostics working as a Systems Support Analyst in their Application department and now this department is moving...but thank God only 10 minutes down the highway. But you can see that I haven't had good luck in finding a spot that STAYS PUT. So to all you IT people out there who have had the same, or worse, luck then me...don't feel bad! KEEP LOOKING FOR THAT JOB!

Remember this...when one job doesn't need you there's ALWAYS another job that does!!!!!
    A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Sh*t, I remember struggling to get into IT. It went CompUSA directly to Sys. Admin. to Network Admin (current). I learned its about confidence & how you carry yourself. Everyone talks about experience & apply for only jobs your qualified for. Sometimes you have to jump in over your head & swim out, thats the best experience.
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you can never go wrong when you do what you love but on the other hand
    being broke is a ****.
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    heh! i guess you can't say the b$#*h word here