Options

What song is powering your day?

Comments

• Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Today seems like a good day to listen to
    System Of A Down - Chop Suey -(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSvFpBOe8eY)
    Serj Tankian- Empty Walls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUxPg9jRLM)
    Any Linkin Park
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stuh84 wrote: »
    It's not my favourite form of music, but I do love it, influences a lot of my own music. I drift towards to Baroque and either late Romantic or early 20th century eras, but all of it seems good in my eyes (even the serialist composers). The only ones I dont like are the modernist ones, like John Cage and those of a similar ilk, the ones where its more about forcing experimentation than about actually making music.

Love the romantic age of it but I also love Bach and Mozart, my fav are Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. I don't like modern ones. Baroque is nice too, gotta admit that I used to listen more to it when I was younger now I'm not listening to music that much don't know why I would love to just close the door of my room and listen but I guess that's a luxury now. My wife hates classical music so that doesn't help too :D
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    za3bour wrote: »
    Love the romantic age of it but I also love Bach and Mozart, my fav are Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. I don't like modern ones. Baroque is nice too, gotta admit that I used to listen more to it when I was younger now I'm not listening to music that much don't know why I would love to just close the door of my room and listen but I guess that's a luxury now. My wife hates classical music so that doesn't help too :D

My office/backroom is also my music room, in that it has two guitar amps, 5 guitars, usually 1 bass (currently loaned to a friend) and a whole host of recording equipment. Every woman I've been with has just accepted I'm never going to be particularly quiet :D
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bananaphone icon_wink.gif
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Options
    RonHammerRonHammer Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I love Bach's concertos, they are awesome combination of formal and passionate.

Also, BedRock a modern rap song is a fun listen.
  • Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was on a Led Zepplin drive for the last couple of days, but then a friend posted an old Armored Saint video on Facebook and I've devolved into a screaming 80s metal-head, again.
    It happens all too often.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    za3bour wrote: »
    I saw Wagner here so any Classical music fans out here? I'm a BIG fan :D

I mostly listen to movie scores, but I have been listening to more classical music lately. Amazon has been selling some of their '99 Essential' classical collections for $1.99 so I am expanding my classical collections.

I really want to expose my son to classical music at a young age. Several of his infant toys play bits of classical, although it may be a few years until he understands why I bounce him in his bouncy seat like he's riding a horse when the Willaim Tell Overture is playing. I found a couple of books that follow along with Carnival of the Animals and Peter and the Wolf which I plan to read with him when he is ready.
  • Options
    greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used to listen to every morning after night shift, when I was going to college ;). It's still power me up :)

YouTube - Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica [HD]
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    YouTube - Soilwork Epitome Lyrics

Amazing. Much better quality on grooveshark.com.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This song is dirty elegance to me....

Make sure you have a sub, or some nice headphones that can translate deep bass lines or all you may hear is a bunch of high pitched beats...
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    ChrisRiceChrisRice Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I'm doing IT-related work I listen to slower music, like Ed Sheeran, I like to be chilled..

When I'm at work in the kitchen at the pub near where I live we just have various UKF Dubstep/DnB albums on repeat icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can't seem to get Adele's "Someone like you" out of my head all day.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    VonarxVonarx Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The lack of Rush in this thread makes me sad.

I listen to Power Windows on the way to all my cert tests. Nothing gets you pumped up like

Marathon by Rush
    Rush - Marathon - YouTube
  • Options
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I find that a little mad science goes a long way to help me through the day:
    Or perhaps some intergalactic, mad future-science?
    And, of course, the list wouldn't be complete without my warm-up music for interviews:

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    System Of a Down sugerrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    cxzar20cxzar20 Member Posts: 168
    It's not even 8am but already a "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit kind of day.
  • Options
    XiaoTech wrote: »

LOL! Have you ever heard of the Epic Rap Battles of History?

Be warned, NSFW Language!

ERB's Channel - YouTube

• Options
    Eargasm!!!

Turn up the quality, and prepare your sub!!

• Options
    This is just awesome....

[video=youtube_share;pDvPv69dCFs]http://youtu.be/pDvPv69dCFs[/video]
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    People actually listen to ICP, I thought that was just a myth ...isn't the music just god awful?
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    People actually listen to ICP, I thought that was just a myth ...isn't the music just god awful?
    hahaha. When you say ICP, are you talking about "Insane Clown Posse"? I agree with your post if that's the case. And I don't care if I'm flamed for it. :D
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    hahaha. When you say ICP, are you talking about "Insane Clown Posse"? I agree with your post if that's the case. And I don't care if I'm flamed for it. :D

Yeap I do mean Insane Clown Posse...If some people like it good for them. However I don't see the skill in grunting/yelling into a microphone while people beat on drums and play distorted guitars icon_rolleyes.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
This discussion has been closed.