Options

Whats the difference between CCNA and ICND1 + ICND2

MienTommyMienTommy Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there a difference between them? Or is CCNA just ICND1 and ICND2 put together?

I'm just now beginning Cisco, I've got the TestOut CCNA 640-802 suite, and this stuff has been pretty difficult so far. Most of what the instructor is saying and the lists of facts seem like all jargon. Or.. the facts has a buncha information that the instructor didn't cover. Therefore, I downloaded the CBT Nugget series and hopefully watching all those videos will help me get a better understanding of the CCNA course.

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From what I understand, the 2-test (ICND1 and ICND2) route is better for people who are new to networking and/or cisco. ICND1 covers a lot of networking basics, and starts teaching how the IOS works, while ICND2 then starts covering more advanced topics & goes deeper. The 1-test route is for people who are quite familiar with cisco and/or are re-certifying and really know their stuff.

Exam-wise, the 2-test route obviously is twice as many questions (but with twice the time). Time-management I've heard is more important with the 1-exam route (but important in both cases).

The 2-test route also gets you the CCENT certification; a bit meaningless perhaps once you get the CCNA, but it's another line on my resume for now haha.

Cost-wise they're the same, although the 2-exam route seems safer, since if you fail an exam, you're only out $125 rather than the entire $250.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yep they are the same.

In terms of coverage you will find ICND 1 is more generally basic networking stuff, (subnetting/ ip addressing, switching theory), while ICND 2 is more the application of the knowledge.

the CCNA is just all wrapped up in a single exam. But if you do the ICND1 + ICND2 or the straight CCNA. The certificate that arrives on you doorstep is identical.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.