Options

A+ Practical Application (220-702) exam?

EthanpEthanp Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I passed the A+ Essentials (220-701) exam finally with a 880/900. I am not sure how the scoring is, but I think I missed only 2 or 3 questions. This is the 3rd time I have taken the A+ Essentials exam, but before it was the A+ Essentials (220-601) exam. It was a very different exam. Plus I got extremely tired of failing and wasting money.
Now tha big question is: What should I expect from the A+ Practical Application (220-702) exam? Easier? Harder? Why? Any reccomended things I should look over again? I look forward to everyone's advice. Thank you.
Next up: CISSP 3rd time around

Comments

• Options
    ramirerramirer Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ethanp wrote: »
    Well I passed the A+ Essentials (220-701) exam finally with a 880/900. I am not sure how the scoring is, but I think I missed only 2 or 3 questions. This is the 3rd time I have taken the A+ Essentials exam, but before it was the A+ Essentials (220-601) exam. It was a very different exam. Plus I got extremely tired of failing and wasting money.
    Now tha big question is: What should I expect from the A+ Practical Application (220-702) exam? Easier? Harder? Why? Any reccomended things I should look over again? I look forward to everyone's advice. Thank you.
    I am about to take it myself (next Monday) and doing some practice tests there seems to be shortcut key questions, tool usage questions, and a little bit more emphasis on path way knowledge.

Another thing I am noticing is its more troubleshooting based. Something like a printer question in 701 practice tests are 'what is the process of X called'. In 702 its more like, a printer is/isn't doing Y what can be causing it?

Maybe someone who passed it can tell us how they thought it 702 was different from 701.
  • Options
    MD75028MD75028 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally I felt both test where very much alike, maybe just me but that is how I took it. As long as you read the material and do well on your practice questions you will be fine. I wouldn't worry to much about. Good luck.

Which book are you reading?
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i found 702 to be more difficult, less direct wording to the questions
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    i found 702 to be more difficult, less direct wording to the questions

I agree with that relative to the 701. I had a decent amount of experience coming into those exams; I felt the 702 was a little bit easier for me because I had to complete those tasks on a regular basis.