Options

Master CIW Manger

EnasEnas Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I'm new here, and it seems interesting place to ask and know about certificates, I'm planning/thinking to start my way to get master CIW manager, but I'm still little confused, is it really worth?
what do you think?
anyone got this certificate and has seen changes in their career, advise me plz?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The CIW certs are really not well known in the marketplace. If you're interested in web design, web hosting, etc. then they may be of some use.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can do a search on Jobs that require it and there are a handful. The jobs that require it typically will take MCDST or Sun programming certifications. Those certifications are more focused where as the CIW with exception of the single topic certs are more broad.

The only jobs I have seen that specifically require CIW is the state educational system web master or security positions. I do a lot of work with local DOD schools tutoring computer courses and they want me to have CIW certs to have certain privileges.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would agree, you can focus on CIW if you plan to deal with web technologies extensively.
  • Options
    EnasEnas Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you earweed, Chris and SephStorm..
    and yes I'm looking for something related to web design and e-commerce, plus I want to improve my skills in web.
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Look into the Oracle/Sun programming certifications as well since a lions portion of the market share is open source or Java.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology