Options

Cisco Netacad Discovery 1 and 2 = CCENT?

buzzboy01buzzboy01 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

I have been studying the Cisco Netacad Discovery 1 and 2. I just wanted to know if the content covered in both units is the same content in the CCENT exam - could i sit the CCENT exam and pass with only studying Cisco Netacad Discovery 1 and 2

it would be a big help if someone could let me know.

Comments

• Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Yes I believe that discovery 1 and 2 pretty much map to the CCENT - where as in the exploration course it is split up into modules that cover Network fundamentals, Switching and wireless, routing, and the WAN. So you wouldn't cover some of the topics on the CCENT until studying all 4 modules.

As far as whether or not taking the first two discover courses and studying that material is enough to pass the test I don't know. I think it covers most of the topics you could see and you would be in pretty good shape after attending the classes and doing all the labs and packet tracer activities but it is always better to use multiple resources. I do believe in the second to last chapter of discovery 2 it gives you some pdf's with study guides for the CCENT and some recommendations for studying.

Did you complete the course and take the final exams and CCENt practice exams? How did you do?
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I took the CCNA 1-4 before they renamed the courses so I'm not sure about how they map to the exams.

I just wanted to comment on the classes preparing you to take the test. When I went through acadamy I had 3 different teachers for the 4 CCNA courses. Some required us to really know the material in order to pass. Others basically gave us what was going to be on the test each week. So, the type of instructor you have is one major factor. Even with the best instructor out of my 3, I still feel that passing the courses and passing the CCENT/CCNA are two different levels of studying. The courses will teach you the concepts you need to know, but I think it will still take some hardcore studying on your own time to be fully prepared for the exam.

I'm still glad I went through the CCNA acadamy, but I don't believe I could have passed the exams without alot of extra study on my own. You could always just try a practice exam and see where it puts you.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V