Options

Aim-voice-30

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi,
Can any one answer me about below question, because I so confused:-
1. With 2600XM router should I have AIM-VOICE-30, if yes for what purpose?
2. What is different between AIM-VOICE-30 and AIM-CUE?

Comments

• Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

An AIM-VOICE-30 installs in the AIM socket of 2600/3700 series routers, and provides DSP resources to E1/T1 cards installed in normal WIC slots. This allows you to run E1/T1 CAS or CCS without having to use up a network module. They will NOT support FXO/FXS cards. I have one installed in my HQ router (3725) and another in my PSTN router (2691) to simulate ISDN PRI connectivity. Do you need them? That would depend on you are trying to do.

An AIM-CUE also installs in the AIM socket 2600/3700/2800 series routers, and provides voice mail services to CUCM or CUCM-E. However being a small flash based system the number of VM boxes and recording time is limited.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    auosauos Member Posts: 186
    azaghul wrote: »
    Hi,

An AIM-VOICE-30 installs in the AIM socket of 2600/3700 series routers, and provides DSP resources to E1/T1 cards installed in normal WIC slots. This allows you to run E1/T1 CAS or CCS without having to use up a network module. They will NOT support FXO/FXS cards. I have one installed in my HQ router (3725) and another in my PSTN router (2691) to simulate ISDN PRI connectivity. Do you need them? That would depend on you are trying to do.

An AIM-CUE also installs in the AIM socket 2600/3700/2800 series routers, and provides voice mail services to CUCM or CUCM-E. However being a small flash based system the number of VM boxes and recording time is limited.

Hope this helps

Great info man.
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Add a bit of info here..

with your AIM-Voice-30.. it will hard bind to only one vwic interface. 30 or 31 channels to a single vwic interface. I currently run it in my 2650xm with a E1/pri config.

AIM-ATM-Voice-30 provides the ability to bind to more than 1 interface. Not sure, but i read at one time on the cisco website that it can bind to 4 ports on a single slot.