Options

Curious........

samuel235235235samuel235235235 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, im currently studying for my sceduled network+ exam on 1st December, im reading through the Mike Meyers Book and using the practice exam disc that came with it. On that exam im scoring around 80-90% which is a pass but not a great and comfortable one, however i then go over to pro-profs and websites like that and take some of their questions and scoring VERY low, should i be worried? Are the real exams like the mike meyers disc or what?

Thanks in advance, Sam :D
[Currently Studying : MCSA: Server 2012/MCSA: Windows 8]
[Currently Reading: ]
[Current Qualifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+]

Comments

• Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Hey guys, im currently studying for my sceduled network+ exam on 1st December, im reading through the Mike Meyers Book and using the practice exam disc that came with it. On that exam im scoring around 80-90% which is a pass but not a great and comfortable one, however i then go over to pro-profs and websites like that and take some of their questions and scoring VERY low, should i be worried? Are the real exams like the mike meyers disc or what?

Thanks in advance, Sam :D

After just passing the net+ last week I’d have to say the exam is more like the Mike Meyers questions, but the Pro-Profs question(at least the few I’ve seen) seem to go into more detail. I’ve heard of people reading the book alone and passing. if that helps to set your mind at ease. My instructor always told me to focus on understanding the material more so than passing a practice test because no matter how hard you try not to, after a few attempts, you’re going to be mesmerizing the answers. My suggestion is, since you still over 2 weeks to prepare, is to figure out why you are getting the questions wrong. Is it the wording or do you not really understand the material. Once you figure that out you should be good to go for the test. Oh and if you havent heard about Professormesser.com, you should definitely check out his videos.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    Okay cool, thanks for that dude :) Always glad to hear others opinions :)
  • Options
    bluephigomabbluephigomab Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well... I just took my Network+ exam yesterday and passedicon_cheers.gif I have no Networking experience at all. I havent taken a class or anything. Currently I am a Tier 1 technician. What I used to study was Professor Messer, PCWithOutProblems.com - Home Page, and Ucertify. I had Mike Meyers book but didnt read all of it. I also used flash cards. My process as i got close to the test was to do my flash cards and then take Ucertify Exams on the different objectives. I also saw Professor Messer videos alot. Thats what I did at least. Good Luck in your studies!!!!!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well... I just took my Network+ exam yesterday and passedicon_cheers.gif I have no Networking experience at all. I havent taken a class or anything. Currently I am a Tier 1 technician. What I used to study was Professor Messer, PCWithOutProblems.com - Home Page, and Ucertify. I had Mike Meyers book but didnt read all of it. I also used flash cards. My process as i got close to the test was to do my flash cards and then take Ucertify Exams on the different objectives. I also saw Professor Messer videos alot. Thats what I did at least. Good Luck in your studies!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Gratz on the pass!
  • Options
    That is one hell of a pass! Well done and congratulations!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass Sam!
    Blue make sure you know the OSI model and these sare your main memorization things--Common Ports and Media speeds/lenghths. Everything else is mainly theory. Also know about troubleshooting.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My boss actually had the same question as the original poster not too long ago......... He was so paranoid he said the night before he couldn't sleep. After all the stress, he passed.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Practice questions / tests can really be misleading at times, this is very "source" dependent, alot of random questions you'll find on the internet are either outdated or poorly written, these random questions won't have undergone the QA procress that the actual questions you will see on the test will have.

IMO, the best practice test out there is transcender, they put in alot of effort to make sure their questions are clear and are aligned with the exam objectives.

If I weren't able to spend money on transcender I would pull out the exam objectives list and go down it and spend time researching anything I wasn't familiar with.

Wikipedia can be a great resource for this.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    I got like a 80% on the practice exam using the LearnKey CD that came with Mike Meyer's Passport book. I knew half of what I got wrong wasn't going to be on the exam so its important that you study the objectives. I passed two days later.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)