Options

Cisco virtual equipment

ClockworksClockworks Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Do those exist? I'm new to the world of Cisco certification and want to try it out before I commit to anything (expensive).

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out GNS3 | Graphical Network Simulator , Dynamips and Dynagen are the others you can use. I'll let the Cisco guys elaborate on these simulators/tools. But I know people use these in place of real labs. HTH!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Get on the schedule over at PacketLife.net for access to their REAL equipment -- just try to make sure you've read far enough in a Cisco Book so that you have some idea what to try so that you can put your rack time to good use.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ClockworksClockworks Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Check out GNS3 | Graphical Network Simulator , Dynamips and Dynagen are the others you can use. I'll let the Cisco guys elaborate on these simulators/tools. But I know people use these in place of real labs. HTH!

I thought Cisco made their own Network Simulator software, is there such a thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clockworks wrote: »
    I thought Cisco made their own Network Simulator software, is there such a thing?

Yes, it is called Packet Tracer. If you are a current or former Net Academy student then you can access this.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Yes, it is called Packet Tracer. If you are a current or former Net Academy student then you can access this.
    Clockworks means the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator. It contains more material the Packet Tracer such as labs since it is meant to be a standalone product and not used together with the NetAcad lab manuals.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    xmalachi wrote: »

Unfortunately Packet Tracer is stacked with bugs and lack of support for a plethora of features.