Options

easy way to binary decimal & hexa decmal?

oxzganoxzgan Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

I am studying cisco courses, Can any body suggest me a easy quick way to convert binary , hexa , decimal and vise vice versa.
It will be helpful for me

Comments

• Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    I dunno about anyone else -- but personally theres no shortcut. When it comes to push and shove -- KNOWING it instead of learning tricks is the way to go.

Took me weeks of praticing wildcard bits, VLSMs, subnetting to finally get that "a-ha!" moment.

The "easy and quick way" happens automatically when you pratice enough, you'll find your own shortcuts, like knowing what /28 is in decimal, or writing 128,64,32... so many times it sticks with you like A,B,C....

Just my two cents. Let me know if you need an explination of anything.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    i found this table on my googling ..in this what is a nibble
    this is my link
    Binary <—> Decimal Conversion
  • Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    I agree with WillTech105. Apart from memorizing things such as: the power of 2 numbers, increment & subnet mask values. All of which are useful, after you've understood the basic conversion theory. The best thing to do is simply lots of practice. Typically I'd aim for minimum 30-60 minutes solid daily practice. One of the best resources especially for sub-netting I found is jeremy cioara CBT nuggets series. Once things click, I still do about 15 minutes a day just to keep from getting too rusty. I don't feel there are any shortcuts over constant practice tho.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Options
    MosGuy wrote: »
    I agree with WillTech105. Apart from memorizing things such as: the power of 2 numbers, increment & subnet mask values. All of which are useful, after you've understood the basic conversion theory. The best thing to do is simply lots of practice. Typically I'd aim for minimum 30-60 minutes solid daily practice. One of the best resources especially for sub-netting I found is jeremy cioara CBT nuggets series. Once things click, I still do about 15 minutes a day just to keep from getting too rusty. I don't feel there are any shortcuts over constant practice tho.

thnks dude
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    I am in an electronics class this semester which taught Binary-Hex-Dec conversion, and I found that its allways eaiser for me to take the long way around, and first break my originating number completley down to binary and divide my broke down Binary number into groups of ?4? I believe ( not really sure anymore) Then I would take my broke down groups, and combine them to get my Hex.

My process was very easy when I was learning it, but I honestly cant remember my exact steps lol. I take the long way around when it comes to any kind of math.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    MosGuy wrote: »
    I don't feel there are any shortcuts over constant practice tho.

lol I can agree, A few months back when I was studying for Network+ I taught myself how to subnet. I passed my Net+, and then started studying for Sec+ in which I did not do any subnetting. Now I am preparing for CCNA, and I took a stab at subnetting last week, and I could not do it at all lol.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    I personally have a "monthly checklist" of IT skills to review so I don't get dull. One of them is subnetting. Pratice it a least once every few weeks and your golden!

I dont care how long its been since your ABCs, but even though its been years since elementary school you can STILL recit all 26 leters in order! Apply that same theory to subnetting! :)
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE