Noob question

cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
I received my CCNA cert today. I saw the expiration date and I was thinking what if I passed the CCNP. Maybe you guys can answer this. Does Cisco send another CCNA certification with a new expiration date with the CCNP certs?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've never got a new one for CCNA.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    In a a word no.

As you pass each of the professional\speciliastion exams your NA expiration is refreshed, so the expiration date is 3 years again. For each exam you pass you receive your score card only until you have passed all the exams required for the professional certification irrelevant of which track you choose.
    At no point do you receive a new NA certificate.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • amb1s1amb1s1 Member Posts: 408
    I received my CCNA cert today. I saw the expiration date and I was thinking what if I passed the CCNP. Maybe you guys can answer this. Does Cisco send another CCNA certification with a new expiration date with the CCNP certs?
    You show your CCNP card. If this for an interview, you can always tell the company that you passed a test for you have 3 more years. if you are getting a job because if your CCNA, they should know how cisco certs work and beside that they probably are going to verified with cisco.
    David G.
    http://gomezd.com <
    My Tshoot test Blog
    http://twitter.com/ipnet255
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Cisco has a validation tool where you can send an email to any address you like and they'll get an official report on your certification status.

No company in their right mind goes by the expiration date on the card or the certificate itself
  • cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    cool, thanks guys!
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Also, why would you need a ccna certificate when you have a ccnp certificate? You can order a new one, but you dont get one for free. You just get 1 free ccnp certificate when you pass the 3 tests.