CompTIA's Network+ Practice Questions

joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
For those who have done CompTIA's practice questions for Network+, (Found here: Sample Questions ) how do they compare to the actual Exam in terms of difficulty?

I ask because when I was taking Security+, I took CompTIA's practice Sec+ exam and failed it, but then I got 855/900 on the actual Security+ the next day.

Any input is greatly appreciated :)
WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)

Comments

• badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    For those who have done CompTIA's practice questions for Network+, (Found here: Sample Questions ) how do they compare to the actual Exam in terms of difficulty?

I ask because when I was taking Security+, I took CompTIA's practice Sec+ exam and failed it, but then I got 855/900 on the actual Security+ the next day.

Any input is greatly appreciated :)

Hmmm. During the middle part of my "3 week" study, I took that practice test and got like barely passing grade, (75%??? I just know one more wrong I would failed). When I took it again later closer to the end of my studying, I got like a 85% but they were the same questions.

I ended up passing N+ with a 802.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you very much! This gives me a better idea of where I stand.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just took that test yesterday and got an 80%. The other times I took it the questions were different. I wonder if the questions are random or do they just change them every so often. It's been a few months since I took them last.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    I just took that test yesterday and got an 80%. The other times I took it the questions were different. I wonder if the questions are random or do they just change them every so often. It's been a few months since I took them last.

i would like to know that too, i got the same one. didn't try a third time because thought it was going to be the same. maybe there are only a few different sets of practice questions and i just coincidentally got the same one.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • tookatatookata Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the practice test is harder so you fail,and then maybe buy their training material.Why would you buy their material if you pass the practice test?.
  • KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did not fair well on CompTIA questions either, but passed with an 840. To me, it seemed like the practice questions may have applied to different versions of the test. I took the 004 version. Some of the practice questions I came across were even about token ring specs and gear and I had no clue. I used those questions to review the topics, but still didn't have questions
    covering some of those topics.

Definitely worried me before the test, though. I was still confident in my understanding and took the real test anyway. Hope this helps you.
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    I found the CompTIA N+ practice test questions to be far more difficult than the exam. Although there was one question from the practice test that was a question on my N+ exam, which I thought was odd. I don't recall which one though.